ARP UNIT SEND TEACHING ASSISTANT POST (Maternity Cover)
32.5 hours per week (Daily 8:30 – 3:30pm) (Term Time only including training days)
Spinal Column 7 – 15 (£19 004 - £21 900 inclusive)
Required: September 2021
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic SEN teaching assistant to work within our SEND ARP unit classes. This is an exciting challenge for committed teaching assistant with proven previous experience to come and work within a specialist SEND unit at the school for 12 months to cover a maternity vacancy.
Beaconsfield Primary School is a well-resourced, 2FE school that offers a very supportive environment to staff and pupils. Our ARP provision enjoys a range of specialist facilities and additional therapy (OT & SaLT) support along with a dedicated outdoor learning spaces and sensory and soft play rooms.
We are looking for dynamic, inspirational staff members who have:
• Minimum of NVQ level 2 or equivalent in an aspect of child care/ early years or SEND practice
• proven experience of working with pupils with specific SEND needs including ASD (ideally in an ARP or special school environment)
• excellent numeracy and literacy skills (Equivalent to GCSE Grade A-C) (tested at interview)
• willingness to provide personal care, hygiene and feeding support to children as required
• ability to co-operate and work as part of a team and to be pro-active in using own initiative
• a commitment and passion for inclusive education along with a patient, flexible and positive manner
And a staff member who is able to:
• work closely with our inclusion leader, ARP staff and other school staff as part of a team
• communicate effectively, both orally and in writing as well as being IT literate
• consistently implement agreed pupil behavior programs and contribute to team strategy discussions
• follow differentiated planning, other specialist programmes and individual support plans with patience and calmness to ensure pupils are fully participating in activities and sessions.
• build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) which was formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau.
Please contact the Head Teacher should you wish to discuss this post further. Please contact the school to request further information. Application forms and job descriptions can be downloaded from the school website.
Beaconsfield Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Full DBS and previous employment checks are made for all our posts.