Vacancy number: 302
Art and Design Foundation Course Painting and Drawing Tutor
UQT (with the possibility of a discretionary allowance dependant on skills and experience)
Fixed term to 30 June 2021
Required for November 2020
King Edward VI Community College has an outstanding tradition for Art and Design and is nestled within the Arts rich community of Totnes. The highly successful and popular Foundation course plays an important role in contributing to our excellent reputation across the region. We are looking for a passionate, inspiring and professional Drawing and Painting tutor who has the ability to contribute to the consistently high standards and outcomes for the students on this course. The successful candidate will have the chance to work with a dynamic faculty team and gifted post-18 students.
We are a proudly comprehensive college with a strong record of inclusion, and is guided by our cooperative values. Regular student exhibitions and visiting Artist workshops complement our exciting curriculum.
The successful applicants will:
• Be a specialist in Drawing and Painting
• Have experience working with post 18 students
• Be dedicated to the best possible outcomes for our students
• Strive for the highest levels of professional practice and learning for themselves
• Have an ability to inspire, motivate and engage our students
• Work in an outstanding department of supportive, specialist staff producing consistently excellent results
• Links with the local community, visiting artists and our own Art Gallery
• Excellent staff-student relationships
• Extensive links for professional development and learning across two teaching schools; the Dartmoor Teaching School Alliance and the South West Teaching Schools Alliance
• Progression routes for colleagues through accreditation with teaching schools as lead practitioners or through college leadership opportunities
The College is situated in the South Hams town of Totnes with a wide and varied catchment area. We are a Co-operative College supported by The Dart Valley Learning Trust. Please see further information on our website.
King Edward VI Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required.
Closing Date: 9am, 9 October 2020
Interview Date: 16 October 2020
King Edward VI Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.