Harrow Shenzhen is a collaborative project between Authority of Qianhai and Harrow International Management Services, with Harrow International School Shenzhen to be opened in 2020 and the bilingual Harrow Innovation Leadership Academy to be opened in 2021.
Located in the Qianhai Cooperation Zone, Harrow International School Shenzhen covers an area of 40,000 square metres and has a total construction area of approximately 139,000 square metres. The school has obvious transportation advantages, located in the main urban roads adjacent to Metro Line 5. The campus will be built to cater a maximum capacity of 1,000 students with facilities that cater to the needs of a K-12 full-time school with boarding.
The campus design integrates Harrow’s values with Qianhai’s spirit. The school adopts the concept of “land sharing”, with a lawn area where the main sports grounds and outdoor activity spaces are located, energising the whole campus with a vibrant atmosphere. The British lawn landscape is an inspiration from "Harrow on the Hill". The campus is tailored towards an all-rounded education with sports and leisure areas, library and reading spaces, restaurants and lecture halls that allows students to flow easily between different learning and activities areas, enabling them to learn, communicate and play freely.
We are seeking a high performing ART & DESIGN TEACHER commencing August 2021. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Purpose of Job
• Responsible for fostering positive self-esteem and supportive relationships for all students founded on respect and mutual trust
• Responsible for maximising the academic progress of the students by delivering the very highest standards of teaching and learning
• Promote a positive, purposeful and professional working atmosphere that encourages cooperation and challenge whilst valuing the contribution that individuals make to the overall success of the school
• Promote equality of opportunity for all and encourage excellence, resourcefulness and perseverance.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements:
• Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
• At least 2 years teaching experience
• Working knowledge of the National Curriculum of England including KS3, IGCSE/GCSE and A Levels as appropriate
• Evidence of relevant continuing professional development
Early applications encouraged as shortlisting / interviews will be held on a rolling basis
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
· Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
· Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee