If you have a passion for the Arts, then your career starts here, Washwood Heath Academy has a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join an All-Through Academy Arts team. As part of our commitment to help our students to achieve the best possible results, we are looking for a committed, hard-working and enthusiastic individual to work as a Technician within our vibrant Art and Drama Departments.
We are looking for an Art and Drama Technician to work across 2 departments to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered. This role will involve providing technical and administrative support for teaching and learning within the Art and Drama subject areas. You will also be responsible for supporting teachers in lessons, preparing teaching aids and resources, organising and monitoring stock, ordering, supporting open evenings, whole school exhibitions and events/ performances, maintaining and simple repair of equipment.
Applicants should also be able to provide evidence that you have skills, knowledge and understanding of photocopying and use of ICT in Creative Arts.
• have motivated, vibrant, multi-ethnic students and staff
• have a strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued
• offer an excellent induction programme within a friendly and supportive environment
• offer a whole range of opportunities to develop further colleagues’ teaching skills and leadership potential
• are creative and innovative in our approach to all aspects of school life
• are well resourced and ICT rich
• are committed to continuous improvement
It is a very exciting time to join our Academy and we are looking for a highly motivated, skilled and creative individual to join a committed team of subject specialists.
In our recent February 2020 Ofsted inspection, our All-through Academy was recognised as ‘Good’ across all categories. The Ofsted Report states that:
‘This is a school for everyone. Staff work hard to support pupils who are new to the school or who have particular needs. Pupils respect different cultures and traditions and get along well with each other. Pupils, particularly in the primary phase, display a good level of independence for their age. Leaders know their school very well. They use research to help it to improve. Leaders check carefully on the impact of their decisions. Significant changes to the sixth form have led to students learning well. In the secondary phase, strong subject leadership is improving pupils’ achievement.’
We can offer you:
● Enthusiastic, well behaved learners who engage positively with school life
● Hard-working, motivated and engaged staff and governors, who care deeply about the outcomes for children and young people
● A culture of support for all staff
● MAT-wide continued professional development opportunities to enable practical and research-based school improvement initiatives. This includes a whole range of opportunities to further develop colleagues’ teaching skills and leadership potential, including a Supportive NQT Induction Process & Policy, Career Pledge for Teachers to support at each stage of career, paid opportunities to upskill via apprenticeship levy (right up to masters level).
● High level of support, coaching and friendship from the CEO/Head Teacher group
● A creative and innovative in our approach to all aspects of school life
● Motivated, vibrant, multi ethnic students and staff
● A strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued
● Access to a generous pension scheme
● On-site parking
If you can demonstrate that you possess the necessary experience, knowledge and qualifications and aspire to our vision and values then we would like to hear from you. Unfortunately, we cannot allow any visits the school prior to submitting your application,
(CVs will not be accepted).
Permanent 2 days per week
Washwood Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.