Repton School Dubai is seeking an outstanding Art Teacher to commence in August 2020.
About Repton School Dubai
Repton Dubai is a prominent international school in the heart of Dubai and one of only a handful of schools in Dubai to boast an Outstanding rating from the Dubai Schools Inspection Board since 2014. One of the few genuinely international schools in the Gulf Region, Repton Dubai combines the reputation and academic rigour of the UK curriculum, from infants and junior school through to IGCSE level in Year 11, and then embraces the challenges and opportunities of the International Diploma or IB in the Sixth Form.
Set in the largest, most spectacular school campus in the Middle-East, and almost uniquely in Dubai offering a dynamic boarding experience in addition to day school, Repton pupils from ages 3-18 benefit from facilities, resources and a classroom and sporting experience that is the envy of their peers.
Our mission is to promote excellence in every area of a child’s and student's life at school, within and outside the classroom.
About the Department
The Art department is housed in three studios alongside a dedicated kiln room and ICT suite. Well-resourced, with the benefit of the support of a full time art technician the department makes a substantial contribution to the life of the school. The Art department also leads Repton Arts week each year as well as holding exhibitions across Dubai at venues such as the QE2 and the Dubai World Trade Centre as part of World Art Dubai. All students study Art in years 7-9 with a significant number choosing art as an IGCSE or IB option
Successful candidates will:
- Hold Bachelors of Education with PGCE or Masters and relevant experience teaching this subject specialism
- Have minimum 2 years post qualification experience
- Have experience teaching Key Stage 4 & 5 in a UK setting or renowned British Curriculum / IB international school
- Have the ability to innovate, excite and inspire children and colleagues
- Have a willingness to embrace new methods of teaching, particularly using Apple technology as we move towards Apple Distinguished School Status
- Be at least 25 years old
In return we offer:
- Basic pay commensurate with years of experience
- Professional development opportunities, where many of our staff secure promoted posts within our group of schools
- Generous leave entitlements
- Annual flight ticket, accommodation provided, and world class medical and healthcare benefits (subject to status)
- Full tuition fee remission in Repton School Dubai for up to two dependent children