Teacher of Visual Arts and Tutor, 0.5 to 0.7 FTE
Required from September 2020 for 12 months, a highly skilled and talented Teacher of Visual Art to join this successful and thriving curriculum team at our high attaining and oversubscribed school in north central Bristol. We are looking for a teacher who can teach 20 hours over 2 weeks (possibly up to 30 hours)
- A skilful and passionate teacher of Visual Arts who understands how children learn?
- A well-qualified, highly motivated and engaging teacher of Visual Arts able to deliver outstanding lessons across the age and ability range at Key Stages 3 and 4?
- Creative and innovative; willing to contribute to the development of students learning and their progress within a committed and forward looking department and faculty?
- A practitioner with high skills in self-evaluation?
- Committed to continuous professional development leading to outstanding teaching?
- The opportunity to join our thriving Visual Arts team
- A school that is ambitious for all children and staff
- Excellent facilities and resources in a faculty with a strong academic tradition and reputation
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
Cotham School is an extremely successful co-operative academy that serves the local community, providing a high quality education for its students. We consistently deliver outstanding academic outcomes amongst the best in the city and are determined to raise standards even further.
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability. Previous applicants should not re-apply, as they will not be re-considered for this position.
Please visit our website for further details and application pack:
Closing Date: Wednesday 3 June 2020
at 9.00 am
Interview Date: Thursday 11 June 2020
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK