Art & Design Department
Art Technician – Maternity Cover
15 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (FTE 0.4054)
£7,563 - £8,442 per annum (Pro rata £18,655 - £20,826 per annum)
Working days to be discussed at interview stage. Please note there may be a possibility for additional hours.
As the Art Technician you will ensure the smooth running of the 3D studios, including the ongoing monitoring and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
You will be responsible for maintain health and safety standards within the art & design department, prepare materials and resources. This is a fantastic opportunity to support our lecturers and prepare materials and further support in the ongoing development of the department.
Together with another technician you will work with students or small groups to induct them on how to use equipment and the processes that support their studies, this includes both our 16-19 provision and also members of the public who hire our studio spaces.
To be successful you will:
• Hold a Level 3 qualification in Art (essential)
• Have the ability to tackle 1st line repair and troubleshooting maintenance
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working within an art environment (essential)
• Be enthusiastic, organised and possess excellent communication skills
We will start to review applications 7 days after the vacancy is advertised. Interviews will be arranged as and when after this date, so please do not delay in applying.
- Studio equipment and facilities: 6 kilns, laser cutter, welding bay, plaster area, woodworking, glass fusing and ceramic area.
- Pension scheme: , Peoples Pension.
- Annual Leave entitlement, bank holidays. Retail Benefits scheme, free onsite parking, refectory/coffee shop and staff wellbeing day.
- DBS check is payable by candidate.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rates ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships and we have set ambitious growth targets.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.