Salary Grade: RID 2.13
Actual term time salary: £6,435 per annum
FTE Salary: £17,391 per annum
Location: The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 20th September 2019 (noon)
Interview Date: Tuesday 24th September 2019 (during the school day)
Hours: 16 per week (Monday 0800-1330, Thursday 0800-1330 & Friday 0800-1300)
Start: October 2019
About the Opportunity
We are looking to recruit an ambitious and enthusiastic ArtTechnician to join our dedicated team and contribute to ensuring our school continues to flourish. Working with the Subject Leader we want you to ensure the provision is of high quality and timely services to support the delivery of the curriculum.
This school has a strong academic reputation that has gone from strength to strength and shows the hard efforts of staff and pupils. This is an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the teaching staff in the school and staff from other schools that make up The White Horse Federation. The Ridgeway School is passionate and committed to ensuring that our curriculum is engaging and inspiring, with high levels of creativity and innovation in our teaching and learning.
For full information please see attached the job description and person specification.
Our ideal candidate will
- Have an academic, technical or vocational qualification to GCSE, ‘A’ level/ NVQ level 2 standard in a subject area
- Have knowledge, expertise and understanding of the students’ curriculum to work effectively as part of a professional team.
- Have knowledge to operate clay kilns
- Have some relevant experience as a technician working in a school is desirable
- Have proven ability to work creatively and collaboratively, with a minimum of direct supervision
- Have good organisational skills and be able to support teaching in the classroom
We can offer you
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the students in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of students with a passion for learning.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged - please come and meet some of the staff and our children and see for yourself! Please contact 01793-846100 to make an appointment.
More information about the school can be found on our website
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values, while ensuring that fun and happiness are a key attribute of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.