Assessment Manager, Languages
Contract: Full time, Fixed term (18 months)
What it’s about
This role would suit an experienced Languages specialist with an interest in international and UK assessments. It involves managing assessment products for qualifications, including Cambridge IGCSE and O Level, in a range of different Modern Foreign Languages (and possibly Arts subjects). You will be checking, proofreading and signing off assessment materials, as well as managing examiners to ensure accuracy of marking and conformity to Cambridge Assessment International Education’s assessment standards. You will be working with a range of stakeholders and ensuring that assessment providers are fully competent to deliver assessments in accordance with Cambridge standards. Part of the role involves supporting a diverse range of customers.
What you’ll be doing
· Manage the design, development and delivery of a portfolio of syllabuses that reflect the values of the Cambridge Learner and teacher and also meet the needs of customers, meet Cambridge Assessment International Education’s assessment standards and the Code of Practice.
· Ensure that question papers and key documentation are produced efficiently, in line with procedures, on time and to the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
· Ensure that marking, grading and results and appeals procedures and responsibilities assigned to the post are carried out accurately and effectively, according to agreed procedures and to schedule.
· Manage the appointment, allocation of work, performance and succession planning of Setters, Revisers and Vetters, item writers, Assistant Examiners, Principal Examiners and other assessment providers to ensure that assessments are produced, marked and graded in accordance with Cambridge Assessment International Education’s standards.
· In conjunction with the Development Division as appropriate, work collaboratively with schools, partner organisations and ministries to develop and revise syllabuses and associated materials to ensure that they meet their needs, are cost effective and reflect the current developments in the subject area.
· Contribute to the development of Cambridge Assessment International Education’s strategy to use technology to provide on-line assessment, training and teacher support materials.
· Contribute to improvement projects (systems/quality improvements), innovations, and working groups as appropriate in respect to continuous improvements and maintenance of quality procedures or the on-going delivery of assessment projects.
· Organise the provision of consultancy services in some situations and contribute to training for partner organisations and ministries in relation to assessment of subjects in the portfolio and deliver outcomes to agreed timescales and quality.
· Maintain quality control standards of qualifications submitted for accreditation in order to ensure that Cambridge accreditation services are met, if relevant. This may include in country evaluation of assessment processes.
What we’re looking for
· Educated to degree level in the subject area where the portfolio focuses
· Knowledge of assessment in education
· High standard of English
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· High level of attention to detail
· Positive ‘can do’ attitude
· Strong track record of effective ‘people’ skills
· Excellent organisational and planning skills
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
· Keen interest in education/assessment and the opportunities it delivers for individuals
· Team player
· Highly proactive
· Ability to self-manage
· Ability to prioritise
· Negotiation skills
· Ability to work with basic statistics/ data handling and interpretation ability
· Able to engage with technology and basic IT skills
· Extensive teaching experience and/or project management experience, preferably at a senior level
· Experience in education-related project management at a senior level
· Examination administration at a senior level
· Examining experience
· Experience of effectively managing people
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
· Generous contributory pension
· 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
· Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
· Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
· Childcare vouchers
· Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
· Cycle scheme
· Season Ticket Loan
· Subsidised staff restaurants
· Support for professional qualifications
· Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 23 August and interviews will be held on 3 September 2019.
For Full Job Ad See File Below
Cambridge Assessment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.