This amazing opportunity provides you with the chance to join a highly successful team during an exciting period of modernisation for one of the world’s leading qualifications. You will be involved in this process of modernisation, assisting with the roll-out of brand-new add-on products and new internal systems.
A bit about us
Cambridge English provides the world's leading range of qualifications for learners and teachers of English. Our expertise, gathered over 100 years of language learning and assessment, has led us to working with educational institutions and local and regional governments around the world. The quality of our exams and the positive impact we have depends on the work of thousands of professionals. They include 2,800 authorised examination centres, over 50,000 registered preparation centres and tens of thousands of examiners, teachers, and publishers.
What you'll be doing
• Supporting the production of IELTS test content so that it meets required standards of quality and accuracy and is produced efficiently and cost-effectively
• Managing relationships with individual Assessment Specialists and other external suppliers working on the production of IELTS test content and supporting activities
• Contributing to the management of IELTS at a number of levels and in different forums through liaison with other teams/units/departments of Cambridge University Press and Assessment and external organisations
• Representing Cambridge English to external stakeholders (customers, recognising organisations, regulators, partners, etc).
What we're looking for
• Recognised entry level EFL/ESL teaching qualification (this may be substituted by relevant experience/qualifications in a related field)
• Some knowledge of language assessment theory and practice
• Some knowledge of the IELTS ecosystem (our customers, the product, the partnership, etc)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to evaluate texts and tasks/questions/answer keys as suitable for use and compliant with test specifications
• Numerate and able to understand/interpret statistics and qualitative data
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Competent IT skills on the standard software applications required by the role
• Planning, co-ordinating and prioritisation skills
• Practical English language teaching experience (or other relevant background, e.g., assessment, translation)
• Role-modelling organisation values of Empowerment, Collaboration, Responsibility and Innovation
• Calm under pressure
• Alert and responsive to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, and own/team health and wellbeing
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension.
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary).
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers.
• Cycle scheme.
• Season Ticket Loan.
• Subsidised staff restaurants.
• Support for professional qualifications.
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Why Cambridge University Press?
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We're one of the world's most respected publishers, driven by the purpose of unlocking people's potential with the best learning and research solutions. We work in global teams to tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
Cambridge University Press is committed to being a diverse and inclusive place to work. We are part of the University of Cambridge, committed in its pursuit of academic excellence to equality of opportunity and to a pro-active and inclusive approach to equality. We are also a global organisation, serving customers and representing colleagues all over the world. Diversity, in all its various forms, is key to our success as an organisation.
Our benefits include group personal pension and free life assurance, an inclusive and flexible working environment comprising of 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays), on-site fitness facilities, and much more. Furthermore, our Cambridge office is just a ten-minute walk from the train station.
Cambridge Assessment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.