Full Time - 37 Hours per week
Fixed Term Contract 1 year
£25,433 - £28,615 per annum - Depending on skills and experience. £28,615 salary achievable after 2 years of employment.
Oaklands College is seeking to employ an assessor to deliver Work-based Greenkeeping courses in the South East area of England. Ideally, you will be an experienced Greenkeeper who is keen to support students in the golf industry. The role would be located at our St Albans Campus however there will be a requirement for you to travel between various sites and employers in the South East area (e.g. Herts, Beds, Bucks, Surrey) standard mileage rates will be paid.
Successful candidates must hold the following;
- Hold Level 3 subject specialist qualification (NVQ L3 or WBD L3 in Greenkeeping)
- Have at least 3 years relevant industry experience and evidence of CPD in the subject specialism where required
- Ability to travel to customer service sites on a frequent basis i.e. have access to own motor vehicle and hold a UK driving licence.
- Have Level 2 literacy and numeracy qualifications (GCSE Grade A to C or Level 2 Key or Functional Skills
It would be advantageous if the candidate holds an Assessor Award (or equivalent e.g. D32/33, A1 or TQTA) although full training for the Assessor qualification will be offered through the College.
Closing Date: Sunday 11th October
Interview Date: TBC - Interviews may take place remotley via microsoft teams.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Generous annual leave – 30 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
• Automatic entry into the Local Government pension Scheme.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.