Assessor in Greenkeeping
Full Time - 37 Hours per week
Based at the St Albans Campus with travel in and around the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Surrey area
£25,433 - £28,615 per annum - Depending on skills and experience
Oaklands College based in St Albans Hertfordshire is seeking 2 candidates for Full-time Assessor roles. Candidates should have an established background in the Golf Greenkeeping industry and have their own transport and be willing to travel to carry out their work. They will have experience of Work based learning. Candidates area of work will cover mainly Herts, Bucks, Beds, Berks and Surrey. The candidate will be required to deliver work-based learning and apprenticeships to the golf and spots turf industry. Good English, maths and ICT skills will be vital as the work will involve some delivery of these subjects to students. In addition the ability to effectively communicate with students and employers is required. Candidates will be able to work on their own initiative and plan their own work standard mileage rates will be paid for traveling.
Successful candidates must hold the following;
- Hold an NVQ/WBD Level 3 or Higher qualification in Greenkeeping or Sports Turf management
- Have at least 3 years relevant industry experience and evidence of CPD in the subject specialism where required
- Ability to travel to customer service sites on a frequent basis i.e. have access to own motor vehicle and hold a valid driving licence
- Have Level 2 literacy and numeracy qualifications (GCSE Grade A to C or Level 2 Key or Functional Skills
It would be advantageous if the candidate holds an Assessor Award (or equivalent e.g. D32/33, A1 or TQTA) although full training for the Assessor qualification will be offered through the College.
Please refer to the attached job description when submitting your application.
Closing Date: Sunday 20th June - Early applications are advised as the advert may close before the closing date.
Interviews will take place remotely via Microsoft teams on a date to be confirmed
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Automatic entry into the Local pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave – 30 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.