Part Time 22.5 hours per week over 3 days
Salary Banding; £18,198 - £19,626 per annum depending on experience / qualifications (Full Time Salary £29,833 - £32,175)
Based at the St Albans Campus with travel between various sites and employers in the Hertfordshire and surrounding regions; standard mileage rates will be paid.
The Mechanical Engineering provision at Oaklands is extensive and offers courses through to Level 5 HND. An advanced apprenticeship is offered as a pathway of the Engineering Technician Standard.
The role will be to support our students in the workplace, by liaising with employers, and within the college environment through to the completion of their course. As an Assessor/Mentor, you will be assessing apprentices and NVQ’s at level 3 and 4. We offer you the exciting prospect of being an integral element in our students’ career aspirations.
You should have a Mechanical Engineering background and relevant subject specific qualifications at Level 3 and/or 4 and ideally be assessor qualified although full training for the Assessor qualification will be offered through the College. Holding an additional qualification of V1 would be beneficial.
Closing Date: Sunday 28th February
Interview date to be confirmed, shortlisted candidates will be provided with details of the interview after the closing date.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Generous annual leave – 30 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday
• The chance to train towards an assessor / teaching qualification, paid by the College
• Automatic entry into the Local government pension scheme
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.