Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Working with students to assess knowledge and performance on College and/or employer premises.
• Work with college staff to develop and deliver flexible programmes to meet identified needs.
• Assist in the monitoring, review and evaluation of provision in line with the College’s Quality Assurance procedures.
• Undertake the enrolment, registration and if required the initial assessment screening of students.
• Assist with the marketing and promotion of college programmes as required.
• Fulfill the role of the internal verifier if required, including the training, development and supporting assessors.
• Complete detailed records of student’s achievement and success.
• Manage a case load of students throughout the duration of their course (caseloads will be determined by the Faculty Head)
• Report to the Assistant Faculty Head on students progression, achievement and success as and when required.
• Liaise and work with exams administrators as and when required to ensure date processing requirements are fulfilled.
• Attend regular standardisation meetings in accordance with the college’s quality assurance policies.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
b) Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
e) Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
f) Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. South & City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the College are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate