Forest Way School reopened as an Area Special School in new award winning building, January 2009 and became an academy March 2012. We accommodate pupils aged 3-19 with Moderate, Severe, Multiple and Profound learning difficulties. We currently have 217 pupils on roll but will be increasing to 235 with effect from September 2019 following the installation of a new modular build comprising additional classroom space. The main school is based on site with three mainstream schools. We also have an adjacent bungalow, The Croft, purchased and used from August 2013 as a Post 16 life-skills teaching area including woodwork area.
Forest Way School is a first cohort and hugely successful Teaching School leading an Alliance of 52 schools.
The post of Senior Administrator/Assistant Business Manager has been expanded with succession planning in mind for the current Business Manager. It is an exciting opportunity for a person with a long term strategic view towards an excellent career in education.
Assistant Business Manager/Senior Administrator
Grade 8 with progression to Grade 12
(Starting Salary Grade 8 – Point 15 - £21,591 to Grade 12 – Point 34 - £39,405)
Grade 9 – Completion of Level 4 Diploma in School Business Management (formerly CSBM)*
Grade 10 – Completion of Level 5 Diploma in School Business Management (formerly DSBM)*
Grade 12 – Completion of Level 6 Diploma in School Business Management (formerly ADSBM), 3 Years in post and successful transition to the complete role of Business Manager*
*Progression dependent at all stages on success in post fulfilling all objectives /duties/responsibilities appertaining to the role of Business Manager
Business Manager/Headteacher (close liaison Deputy Headteacher)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role has been created specifically with succession planning for the current Business Manager role.
- Undertake complex, specialised ordering requiring research into product, to determine best product, price, supplier and value for money.
- Deal with the most difficult, complex queries, problems which could be referred by junior staff, outside organisations and members of the public.
- You may have formal responsibility for supervising the work of others, including routine monitoring, prioritising tasks, assisting with recruitment, selection, induction of new staff and routine monitoring of employment records.
- To represent the school at project meetings in connection with post holder’s job and/or office.
- To attend meetings to take formal minutes and carry our necessary follow-up action to identify and clarify decisions in certain circumstances.
- To assist with the organisation, co-ordination and other arrangements of facilities management for the school.
- To assist with the control and/or management of budgets in accordance with financial instructions.
- To assist with the monitoring of school policies and procedures.
- To assist with undertaking health and safety compliance checks .
- To contribute to the development of systems and procedures within the office e.g information systems, monitoring procedures.
- Making a major contribution to the successful management and administration of the school and to its continuing development in accordance with the Governing Body’s long term strategies for development.
- Supporting the Teaching School operation particularly with a view to income generation and sustainability.
- To work as part of a successful, positive team to provide support as required to the Business Manager and Leadership Team.
- To provide all necessary oversight and monitoring for any external service providers.
- To Assist the Business Manager to ensure that the school is fully prepared to meet OFSTED and audit financial criteria.
- To promote a welcoming atmosphere with easy access for parents, governors and visitors but also providing a secure environment for the pupils and staff.
*There is a need for confidentiality/loyalty at all times*
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Business Management
- Financial Administration
- Supplies and Service
- Premises Management
For full Job Description and Person Specification, please see document attached.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 30th April 2019
Interviews: Early May - TBC
Forest Way School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).