Sustainable living and learning is at the heart of everything we do at Ashley. We have a vibrant curriculum themed around enquiries of learning and with a strong emphasis on education for a sustainable future.
We greatly value the different sustainability themes and ensure we give each of them our time, energy and love. The themes are: Energy, Healthy Living and Food, Recycling and Waste, Water, Biodiversity, Transport and Global Perspective.
We grow a significant amount of food, with our vegetables and fruit grown on site going into our school lunches or our year group learning projects, significantly reducing the effects of both transport and needless packaging on the environment.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Caretaker & Gardener who will have the responsibility of looking after our fantastic school grounds including the growing area that the children use.
Our ideal candidate would:
- Live within a short driving distance to our school
- Be passionate about gardening
- Support and promote the school’s ethos on sustainability and the Principles of Harmony
- Would be responsible for locking the school each day
- Is adaptable and a team player
- Is patient, caring and calm
- Is enthusiastic, with a good sense of humour
- Has basic DIY skills and can carry out minor repairs as required.
- Is well motivated and able to use their initiative
- Ensures facilities are kept secure, clean and tidy
- Will uphold the values of our school
- is able to support the distinctive Christian ethos of the school but does not have to be a practicing Christian
** Please see the job description for the full details of this role **
Ashley School is part of The Good Shepherd Trust. Please take the time to look at our website which will give you more information about our school, our ethos, aims and values.
Closing date: Sunday 8th November 2020
Interview date: tbc
Start date: To be agreed with the successful candidate
All applications must be made using the online application form – we do not accept CVs as any part of the application process.
Please note that we will take up references before the interview. It is essential therefore, that all reference details supplied are correct, up to date and include a current email address.
If you would like to visit us, we will be pleased to show you around; please contact the school to arrange this.
If you have any questions about the role, please email the school email address on our website.
The closing date for this job is Sunday 8th November 2020 but applications will be considered as they are received and the school reserves the right to appoint at any point during the application process.