Charlton Wood Primary Academy (part of Endeavour Academy Trust) is a brand new two-form entry primary school located on the Charlton Hayes Estate. This September we will open to Reception and Year One pupils growing by a year group each year until we reach our full capacity of 420 pupils.
This year we are looking to appoint an Assistant Caretaker to be responsible for maintaining our new school building and grounds. The appointment is made to Charlton Wood in the first instance however the role may involve working at other schools in the Trust which are all based in north Bristol. The role will be part time in the first instance with the opportunity for increasing hours as pupil numbers grow.
We are looking for someone who can:-
- Demonstrate previous experience and ‘DIY skills’ to identify, monitor and carry out minor repairs, maintenance and redecoration.
- Demonstrate knowledge of moving and handling procedures and be physically able to carry out the physical tasks of the role (e.g. lifting, shifting, clearing snow etc).
- Demonstrate knowledge of Health & Safety and hygiene procedures and precautions.
- Awareness of COSHH regulations, applying knowledge gained as appropriate.
- Demonstrate good communication skills that allow effective communication with all levels of school staff, governors, pupils, contractors and outside users of the school (hirers).
We can offer the right candidates:
- a brand-new fully resourced building with beautiful grounds
- a supportive leadership team with a proven track record of whole school improvement
- a bespoke training plan to enable you to progress in your career
- extremely supportive parents who are keen for their children to do well
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Hours of work are provisionally 7 - 10am, Monday to Friday, term-time only plus INSET days. If you would like to find out more information about the school or the role, please contact the School Business Manager, Bridget Shepherd, by telephoning the office at Henbury Court Primary Academy.
Information about Endeavour Academy Trust
Endeavour is a forward looking Multi Academy Trust. We currently have three very popular schools, Henbury Court Primary Academy, Little Mead Primary Academy and Fonthill Primary Academy in North Bristol - Charlton Wood Primary Academy will be our fourth school and the first of our schools in South Gloucestershire. Endeavour Academy Trust is an inclusive and collaborative group of schools with ambition for every child, and where every child can achieve the highest possible standard.
Endeavour staff receive strong professional support with opportunities to develop across the trust. Our focus on collaboration means that everyone is part of a team. Within Endeavour, we develop our own leaders. If you are ambitious and prepared to work hard, we will support your career development and help you to be successful.
Closing date: Friday 30th August at 10:00am
Interviews: early September
Charlton Wood Primary Academy is
part of the Endeavour Academy Trust, which is committed to safeguarding and
promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and
expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You can find our
Child Protection Policy on the trust's website: http://www.endeavouracademytrust.org.uk
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity,
gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.