Magdalen College School, founded in 1480, is one of the country’s leading independent day schools.
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Caretaker to assist the Head Caretaker in all facets of on-site security, to ensure the safety of our pupils and staff at all times, and particularly out of hours. This role requires a good level of physical fitness, strong time management and organisational ability. The ideal candidate will have/possess:
• Good communication skills, verbal and written including basic IT techniques.
• Aptitude to learn and develop skills in relation to dealing with people and conflict.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• A good level of physical fitness as movement across site and around multiple buildings is necessary in the role.
Hours of duty – typical 40.0 hrs/week:
Monday – Friday 18.00/22.30
Saturday – 1.00/22.00 (example only)
Sunday – 1.30/20.00 (example only)
Note that these hours will be flexible each term but the postholder(s) will be made aware in advance through the publication of the School’s Red Diary.
The Job Description is current although liable to variation to reflect or anticipate changes in the requirement of the post.
Details of how to apply are attached.
Magdalen College School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and the successful candidate will be required to undergo statutory checks before the commencement of his/her employment.