Please apply by 12.00 noon on Monday 2 March 2020.
• Do you want to support students develop academically and as people?
• This is a fantastic opportunity to have an impact on the lives of courteous and well behaved students who are keen to succeed.
• Do you want to join one of the 100 most improved schools in England between 2013 and 2015?
We are looking for an excellent classroom practitioner to work as Assistant Head of Key Stage with responsibility for a year group within the pastoral team. As a school we are known for the strength of our pastoral care and we are seeking someone to help sustain and develop the academic and pastoral support we provide for our students. The ability to teach Mathematics, Geography and/or Business Studies would be an advantage.
We are looking for a creative and inspiring teacher who:
• Values the opportunities and support we can provide beyond the classroom.
• Has high expectations of themselves, colleagues and students.
• Is an excellent role model for both students and staff.
• Has the teaching skills to motivate students to learn and progress.
• Is capable of leading a team of capable professionals to achieve even more.
• Can communicate effectively with parents, students and staff.
• Has an excellent record of attendance and punctuality.
We can offer you:
• Excellent career development including middle leadership training.
• Students that are enthusiastic and keen to succeed.
• A positive and successful learning environment.
• A welcoming and dedicated team of trained staff committed to working together to get the highest results for our students.
If you have energy and passion for developing and supporting young people and innovative teaching and learning strategies, we would like to hear from you.
Bradon Forest School is a well-respected and popular 11 – 16 comprehensive and our catchment area takes from rural and urban communities. In conjunction with Malmesbury School, we hope to be able to offer our students the opportunity to stay onto a shared Sixth Form in September 2020. The school is well situated just north of the M4 (J16), within easy travelling distance of Bristol, Bath, and Swindon and on the edge of the Cotswolds. In September 2015, Bradon Forest School became part of The Athelstan Trust, a Multi Academy Trust, which consists of three secondary schools: Malmesbury School, Bradon Forest School in Purton and The Dean Academy in Lydney.
The Athelstan Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this obligation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
No CVs accepted; Bradon Forest School application form only.
A charitable company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales, as The Athelstan Trust Company No: 7699625.
Bradon Forest School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.