ASSISTANT HEAD OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Required for April 2021 (or as soon as possible after)
MPS/UPS plus TLR 2a
The Governing Body of St Joseph’s Catholic School & Sixth Form Centre are seeking to appoint a committed, well-qualified and passionate teacher who can demonstrate a clear sense of purpose, high expectations and leadership skills in the RE department at St Joseph’s. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, community-focused and innovative school and work with wonderful students, committed staff and a supportive leadership team.
The role will provide a first-rate opportunity for career progression, with the successful candidate being responsible for teaching and learning at KS3 and one whole school aspect explicitly related to the Catholic ethos of the school.
- be an excellent classroom teacher;
- possess a strong commitment to the Catholic ethos and vision of the school;
- be able to inspire and enthuse students;
- have high expectations of students’ achievements and attitudes;
- be able to teach RE up to and including KS5;
- be knowledgeable and up-to-date on current education practice and developments, including those specific to the Catholic education sector and to Wales;
- be able to work as part of a team, and motivate, inspire, support and lead others;
- be able to drive curriculum planning at KS3 and lead on aspects of spiritual and liturgical developments in conjunction with the Head of RE;
- be committed to our pupils, with the belief that education has the capacity to transform their journey.
We can offer you:
- a caring, happy school with a strong Catholic ethos;
- friendly and committed staff who are supportive of each other and open to new ideas;
- a commitment to Continuous Professional Development;
- a forward thinking, former Curriculum Pioneer School in relation to Successful Futures.
Applications are welcomed from highly motivated, ambitious and experienced teachers who are looking forward to a new challenge.
Applicants are welcome to visit the school by appointment.
Applicants will need to complete the CES application form and should use the supporting statement to explain why they believe they are suitable for the role. The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 27th January 2021 at 12 noon.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all members of staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post. Prospective applicants should be aware that before any offer of appointment is confirmed, the successful candidate will be subject to the relevant Enhanced DBS screening. Proof of identity and qualifications will also be required.
St Joseph's Catholic School and Sixth Form Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.