ASSISTANT HEAD OF SCIENCE
(Responsible for teaching and the coordination of Chemistry at all key stages)
Required for September 2021
MPS/UPS plus TLR 2a
The Governing Body of St Joseph’s Catholic School & Sixth Form Centre are seeking to appoint a committed, well-qualified and passionate teacher who can demonstrate a clear sense of purpose, high expectations and leadership skills in the Science department at St Joseph’s. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, community-focused and innovative school and work with wonderful students, committed staff and a supportive leadership team.
The role will provide a first-rate opportunity for career progression, with the successful candidate being responsible for teaching and the coordination of Chemistry at all key stages.
The successful applicant will:
- be an excellent classroom teacher;
- have an appropriate degree in Chemistry or equivalent;
- be able to inspire and enthuse students;
- have high expectations of students’ achievements and attitudes;
- be able to teach up to and including KS5;
- be able to work as part of a team, and motivate, inspire, support and lead others;
- be able to drive curriculum planning and lead on developments within the department in conjunction with the Head of Science;
- be committed to our pupils, with the belief that education has the capacity to transform their lives.
We can offer you:
- a caring, happy school with a strong Catholic ethos;
- a friendly and committed staff, supportive of each other and open to new ideas;
- a commitment to CPD;
- a forward-thinking school committed to the successful implementation of the new curriculum for Wales.
Applications are welcomed from highly motivated, ambitious and experienced teachers who are looking forward to a new challenge.
Applicants are welcome to visit the school by appointment.
Applicants will need to complete the CES application form and should use the supporting statement to explain why they believe they are suitable for the role. The closing date for applications is Thursday, May 13th at 12 noon.
St Joseph's Catholic School and Sixth Form Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.