Assistant Headteacher (L14-18) Safeguarding and Pupil Support
We are looking for a colleague to join our leadership team at this exciting time in our development. If you are interested in joining a dynamic, forward-looking school which can offer you the opportunity of teaching pupils across the 11-18 age range, then this could be the position for you!
As a member of our leadership team, you will, in the first instance, lead our safeguarding and pupil support provision but you will have the opportunity to develop in all areas of responsibility. The role is therefore advertised without a specific responsibility as this would be negotiated with the successful candidate and other members of the leadership team.
If you are someone who:
• Is interested in joining a school where we are always looking to develop to suit the needs of the individual
• has high standards and is able to communicate these to pupils in a supportive and caring manner
• has an excellent knowledge and experience of managing highly effective safeguarding systems and processes
• has experience of pupil support systems in order to ensure that all pupils are offered the highest standard of support.
• has a passion for learning and teaching, including the use digital technology
• is committed to implementing the Curriculum for Wales and using it to fundamentally change the way in which we deliver learning and teaching
• believes that all children can succeed and in order to do so, we need to be flexible to their needs
then we would like to hear from you.
N.B: The E-teach system will display a closing date of 26th August 2021, the post will be re-uploaded to E-teach on this date. The actual closing date for the position remains 23rd September 2021 as is stated throughout the job pack.
Brynteg Comprehensive is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff have child protection training provided by the local Bridgend Borough on a three year cycle
We welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.We hold the prestigeous CPD MARK which reflects our commitment to CPD of all our staff.