Required for Summer term 2019 or September 2019, this is a non-class based role.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior post to lead on Inclusion across our school. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to develop a cohesive and progressive inclusion strategy. South Camberley is based across 3 campuses and benefits from being part of the Engage, Enrich, Excel Multi Academy Trust (EEEA).
We are looking for an Inclusion Senior Leader who:
- Has a proven track record of raising attainment, either as a teacher or as an Inclusion Leader or SENCo;
- Will lead on Child Protection, as lead DSL (be DSL trained or willing to train)
- Can lead and motivate other members of staff; act as line manager for the SENCo and staff relating to inclusion, including support staff.
- Has an extensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of Special Educational Needs;
- Has experience of working with multiple agencies, is able to advise staff on a variety of issues, Provision maps, pupil assessment and staff training (holds the NASENCO qualification or is willing to be trained as soon as possible);
- Is resilient and able to constructively hold challenging conversations
- Is proactive and has a commitment to working collaboratively with colleagues, parents, governors and outside agencies, forming strong relationships with adults and children;
- Has middle or senior management experience;
- Has excellent communication and organisational skills and a sense of humour.
- Is passionate about inclusion, personalised learning and committed to enhancing the life chances of all children;
- Relishes challenge, contributing fully in the life of the school community.
- Is willing to “go the extra mile.”
We can offer you:
- Pupils who have a great attitude to learning and demonstrate excellent learning behaviour.
- Committed and dedicated staff that are passionate about children’s achievement
- High quality professional development and collaboration across the EEEA trust
- A vibrant and diverse school community.
- Unique and spacious school grounds and onsite parking
Applications will be considered as they are received, and your early response is encouraged. Visits are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Margaret Kelly – School Business Manager by telephoning 01276 63870 Junior campus option.
Interviews: Week commencing 4th March
South Camberley Primary and Nursery School and The Orchard Children's Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, visitors, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
The school operates a rigorous recruitment procedure that includes enhanced DBS checks, medical screening and confirmation of qualifications.
We may use internet searches to perform due diligence on candidates in the course of recruitment. Where we do this, we will act in accordance with our data protection and equal opportunities obligations.
Please read our privacy notices for job applicants and application forms.