Assistant Headteacher required for September 2019
LEADERSHIP SCALE L7 – L11
Due to the promotion of the current postholder to headship in a Catholic school, we are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to assist the Headteacher, Assistant Headteacher, staff and governors take our school forward on its journey towards Outstanding. The Assistant Headteacher must be a practising Catholic.
Set in the heart of Mitcham’s historic conservation area, our school is a vibrant and aspirational establishment with a positive approach to learning and behaviour. Having recently renewed the school’s vision and purpose, we now looking to continue building SS Peter and Paul on its journey to excellence.
We work collaboratively with the Merton Deanery Catholic schools, Teach Wimbledon and the Mitcham Town Community Trust. We are a partnership school with Maths NoProblem, offer school to school support in regard to C.P.A mathematical approaches and assist local schools to improve their approaches in teaching and learning.
We enjoy good transport links to Wimbledon, Sutton, Croydon, Tooting, London Bridge and London Victoria, and the school is within easy reach of the Surrey Hills and the South Downs.
Assistant Headteacher: Standards and Curriculum
You will be responsible for ensuring strong standards in both Core and Foundation Subjects, ensuring the most effective teaching approaches, to ensure the greatest impact upon learning and outcomes for children. To achieve this, you will provide direction and support for the subject leaders, class teachers and support staff, modelling the highest standards.
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced teachers, advisers and subject leaders to further develop their leadership skills to impact directly upon outcomes for children within a whole school context.
In addition, we can offer you the following:
- a friendly and welcoming team
- a co-constructed curriculum that is based upon children’s interests;
- a clear focus upon using available educational research to raise standards;
- a well-connected and collaboratively-minded school;
- a strong and committed local authority; and
- an attractive Inner London salary.
We wish to appoint:
- a practising Catholic or someone committed to supporting our school’s ethos;
- a practitioner to lead children’s learning with energy and enthusiasm;
- someone who cares about children’s learning, behaviour and emotional wellbeing;
- a great team player with high standards and a positive outlook;
- someone who is a successful classroom practitioner with a strong record of success.
If you require further details and/or a further discussion about how you could be the school’s next Assistant Headteacher, please arrange a visit to the school – please contact Finoula Quinn, School Business Manager, or email the school to arrange a visit or request an application pack.
Closing date for applications: Monday 18th March
Shortlisting: Tuesday 19th March
Interview Date: Thursday 28th March
SS Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. As such we implement all elements of the safer recruitment process, and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced DBS check and references.