Harrow are seeking an exemplary whole school Assistant Headteacher to join the team for August 2021.
Purpose of Job
• Establish, evaluate and develop the strategic aims and standards of a Whole School ethos in partnership with students, staff, governors, HIMS personnel and parents
• Act as the Designated Safeguarding Lead for the Whole School
• Lead the development of the Boarding programme and support boarding staff as required
• Support the Head Master/Mistress and Heads of School in regards to health and safety matters arising
• Assist the Head Master/Mistress in establishing and maintaining a vibrant and thriving school
• Line manage the Head of Inclusion
• Lead and oversee the extracurricular activities programme for the Whole School and ensure it is of a high quality and takes place in a safe, positive and healthy learning environment
Inherited from the 450 years of education excellence from Harrow School, UK, Asia International School Limited (AISL) has over 20 years of experience in education, opening international schools in Bangkok (in 1998), Beijing (in 2005), Hong Kong (in 2012) and Shanghai (in 2016).
The Harrow Innovation Leadership Academy (HILA) Chongqing is located in the in the Longgang Ecological Business District, enjoying convenient transport links via nearby subway lines and major roads. The architecture of the school's buildings echoes the original design of Harrow School and the renowned buildings in North London and uses contemporary design concepts to create a truly British, though contemporary, 'Harrovian' environment. The school opened its doors to the lower age groups in 2020 and will grow to provide world class K-12 bilingual education to students aged 2 to 18 years
Central to our educational ethos is a commitment to foster the values of ‘Courage’, ‘Honour’, ‘Humility’ and ‘Fellowship’ in our students. Beyond outstanding academic outcomes, Harrow’s holistic education nurtures in our students a strong Chinese foundation with a global outlook through a unique bilingual curriculum that distilled the 450 years of educational excellence of Harrow School with the wisdom and traditions of Chinese culture.
Education, training and qualifications
• Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
• Working knowledge of the National Curriculum of England including EYFS, KS1, KS2
• Evidence of relevant and challenging continuing professional development
Knowledge and experience
• Minimum two years’ teaching experience
• Be aware and up to date in all relevant safeguarding polices and practice
• Knowledge and experience of how to use of ICT effectively in promoting student learning
• Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
• Previous experience or knowledge of working with students for whom English is not their first language
Harrow Schools are committed to the safety and protection of children.
All employees are expected to comply with our School Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.