Following recent promotions, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong, committed, ambitious professional to join Abbeywood Community School as an Assistant Headteacher. Abbeywood is a very successful and heavily over-subscribed school in The Olympus Academy Trust. The successful candidate will benefit from the huge range of opportunities offered by a large and successful family of schools.
Abbeywood Community School is in a very exciting place:
• Our last 3 Ofsted Inspections - good in all areas (latest inspection November 2019).
• Strong and improving academic outcomes
• A lived and deeply held moral commitment to inclusion and social justice, and providing our students with the very best life chances possible
• Poised to expand our intake from 180 to 240 places per year
We are looking for a creative leader who will:
• Demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills with the ability to deliver lasting positive impact
• Play a significant role in the strategic direction of the school.
• Have a track record of success in maximising students’ progress
• Be a strong classroom practitioner and able to apply up-to-date knowledge on best practice, pedagogy and the curriculum
• Have a profound commitment to an inclusive and comprehensive education
• Be able to build positive relationships proactively and develop consensus
• Inspire all members of the school community to promote high expectations
You will be joining an experienced Senior Leadership Team within an established academy trust.
We can offer:
• A dynamic, comprehensive school with a strong sense of identity and strong positive relationships
• A culture in which learning is deeply valued by staff, students and parents/carers
• High quality professional development and opportunities for career progression
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit a detailed application to explain their suitability and interest in the role. Please feel free to make contact for an informal conversation and possible visit if that would be useful. Please contact Catherine Thompson, Headteacher’s PA.
Closing date for applications: 9.00 am on Monday, 30 November 2020
Interviews: 11 December 2020
The Olympus Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants will be required to undergo security and vetting processes appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We apply our Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. We carry out shortlisting, interviewing and selection without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and will make reasonable adjustments to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, as they are under-represented within the Trust.
Abbeywood Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK