ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER: L4 (£45,434) to L8 (£50,151)
Required from 1st September 2021 (or sooner if possible)
A unique opportunity has arisen for an inspirational, highly motivated and committed teacher to take their next developmental step into senior leadership - to help take forward our excellent team of enthusiastic and dedicated staff at this successful school.
Pudsey Bolton Royd Primary School is a thriving and vibrant, two-form entry primary school, serving a multi-cultural community on the Leeds / Bradford border.
The school was judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted, following a successful inspection in June 2018, but we continuously strive to improve.
Due to the promotion of the previous post-holder, we have a rare and exciting opportunity to appoint an exceptional practitioner to become our new Assistant Headteacher - to take a lead role in whole-school curriculum development and manage across Years 2 to 6.
We are looking for:
• An exemplary and outstanding classroom practitioner (ideally with teaching experience across KS2 and/or Year 2).
• Recent, relevant experience of leading on curriculum re-design, with the necessary skills and knowledge to implement effective whole-school change.
• High expectations of all children’s engagement and attitudes to learning, behaviour and outcomes in all aspects of school life.
• Commitment to the swift identification of barriers to learning for pupils and experience of implementing plans to mitigate these.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of outstanding pedagogy in an inclusive learning environment.
• Great communication skills (ideally to include experience of working with EAL children and families).
• A proven track-record of successful subject and middle leadership
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire, motivate, challenge and support children and staff across school.
• A commitment to their own professional development, and managing that of others.
• A strong team-player who is resilient and relentless in the pursuit of excellent outcomes for our school community.
We will offer you:
• the opportunity to work with a dedicated staff team of excellent, supportive practitioners.
• fantastic children who are well mannered and behaved, enjoy school and work hard.
• a happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos.
Specific to the post:
• Dedicated leadership time to fulfil duties.
• Access to high quality, onward professional development within the senior leadership team.
This is initially a non-class-based post, albeit with an expectation of a significant teaching commitment (eg. third set teaching in Year 6) - to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
We are seeking to appoint a proven and motivated professional who aspires to take on a pivotal role within the leadership of our school and in the development of our engaging curriculum.
More information about the school is available on our website.
Prospective applicants are welcome to visit the school on the following dates:
Tuesday 20th April 2021
Friday 23rd April 2021
Please telephone the school office to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: Monday 26th April 2021 at 12.00noon
Interviews: Wednesday 12th May 2021
Please include a contact telephone number and personal email address as short-listed candidates will be informed by these methods. If you have not heard from us by Friday 7th May 2021, please assume that your application was not successful.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service clearance. We promote diversity and want a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.
Please find necessary documents attached:
Pudsey Bolton Royd Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.