We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Headteacher to join our school’s Senior Leadership Team.
The Governors, staff and pupils of this successful, over-subscribed, two-form entry primary school and nursery in the Borough of Slough are looking for a dynamic and inspirational individual to support the leadership of the school as it strives towards the next level of success.
Situated in Langley, near Windsor, Castleview is an Outstanding school set within well-maintained grounds, close to the upcoming Crossrail links at Langley, as well as being a short distance from the M4 and M25 motorways.
Our ideal candidate will be an EYFS leader, existing or aspiring Assistant Headteacher who has experience of either EYFS phase or year group leadership and who is looking to take the next step in their career towards school leadership. We are looking for an individual who:
- Has successful experience of teaching EYFS.
- Can lead, manage and develop the curriculum delivered to all pupils in the EYFS.
- Can lead and develop the practice of staff working in the EYFS.
- Can establish good relationships, encouraging good working practices and supporting, challenging and leading teachers and support staff within the EYFS team.
- Communicating with parents about what is happening across the Early Years setting.
- Being responsible and accountable for securing high levels of pupil achievement across the EYFS
- Can address any areas of underachievement and inconsistencies within the EYFS.
- Can support the Headteacher in developing, monitoring and evaluating the curriculum in Early Years.
- Can contribute to strategic and operational decision making in order to establish the vision, ethos and policies of the school.
- Can take responsibility for assessment in Early Years, working closely with the Headteacher to maximise achievement.
- Can work with the Key Stage 1 team to ensure continuity and progression in the curriculum.
- Can monitor the quality of teaching and learning.
- Can establish good professional relationships to promote development and effective delivery of the curriculum and maximise achievement.
- Has agreed whole school areas of responsibility, including an aspect of the School Improvement Plan and the leadership of a curriculum subject.
In return, we can offer the successful candidate:
- a chance to join this evolving school under the direction of the new Headteacher, as it works towards maintaining its status as an Outstanding school.
- excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
- well-behaved, polite children who genuinely enjoy coming to school and who love learning.
If you are interested in applying for this position, we invite you to review the Job Description and Person Specification which contains a wealth of information about this role. We would also invite you to visit the school, subject to appropriate social distancing and Covid-safety measures.
To arrange a school visit, or for further information about this role, please contact Sneeta Summan by email or phone.
When applying, please ensure your personal statement addresses the criteria outlined in the Job Description and Person Specification. CVs and/or applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Interview and Assessment Dates: Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th May 2021. These interviews may be subject to social distancing and include a video interview.
Castleview School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory reference checks and other pre-employment checks.
Castleview Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Any job offer will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.