ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER (interim)
Required for Academic Year starting September 2021 – with potential to extend
The Governing Body wishes to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and inspirational practitioner with effective middle leadership experience to work with our Senior Leadership team as we move our school towards MAT conversion as part of its post COVID journey of recovery, growth and excellence. The post holder would be class based with one day / week for strategic Leadership responsibilities.
‘Pupils are happy, well rounded and caring individuals who are extremely proud to belong to this exceptional Catholic community where ‘All Are Welcome’’ Section 48 Inspection 2018
We are looking for someone special who:
- Is an exemplary classroom practitioner with a passion for inspiring and challenging children’s learning to meet – and exceed, their God given potential.
- Is experienced in curriculum innovation and development and can demonstrate their impact on raising standards.
- Has excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills to lead, challenge and support others.
- Is reflective and keen to grasp opportunities for further self-improvement.
- Is motivated to work with colleagues, parents, parish and the wider community in a genuine collaboration; in order to maximise learning potential for our children.
- Is willing to support the ‘Outstanding’ Catholic ethos of the school.
We can offer you the opportunity to:
- Play a part in leading in a ‘Good’ school; always seeking to strengthen and improve.
- Work with delightful, well behaved children who are keen to learn and are proud of their school.
- A friendly, supportive and talented staff team committed to working together to drive the school forward.
- Build on your own professional development
- The opportunity to work collaboratively with the Executive Headteacher, Head of School and Governors to realise the school’s Mission.
- A committed and supportive environment where you will be encouraged to develop your professional skills further.
- Dedicated time towards leadership and management responsibilities.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and highly encouraged.
These can be arranged with the School Business Manager, Mrs. Sharon Gilbert on 01249-713125.
Closing date: Thursday 20th May 2021 at 12noon
Interviews: Monday 24th May 2021
Saint Patrick’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its staff and volunteers to share its commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before the appointment is confirmed.
St Patrick's RC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.