Assistant Headteacher required from 23rd August 2021
OAK Trust has an outstanding opportunity for an Assistant Headteacher based at Overdale Infant School.
The Trust is a local partnership of academies in south Leicestershire. The Trust was formally established in April 2018 and currently consists of one secondary school, two primary schools, one junior school, one infant and two pre-schools, with over 2,500 pupils and approximately 400 staff.
Our vision and values are at the heart of everything we as the OAK Trust do, this drives our commitment to the concept of a MAT as a family of schools working collaboratively with and supporting each other to ensure all our children realise their full potential as learners and as citizens, and that no child is left behind.
Overdale Infant School is a vibrant, friendly, multicultural school with a commitment to ensuring all children reach their full potential, both academically and socially.
The successful candidate will be:
• A highly motivated individual with experience of managing and developing staff and leading change.
• An innovative and excellent classroom practitioner with a proven track record of success and an ability to engage and inspire students.
• Committed to inspiring excellence across the school with the aim of securing outstanding outcomes and progress for all groups of students.
• Dynamic and enthusiastic, with excellent interpersonal skills that enable positive relationships with stakeholders and the wider community.
• A strong leader, able to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower individuals and teams.
We can offer a richly diverse multicultural school with:
• Amazing children who are well behaved and want to learn.
• Supportive, talented colleagues working as a team who want to share ideas.
• A school wide commitment to provide staff with the best training and support available.
• Opportunities to think creatively.
If you are excited by this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application form, together with a letter of application evidencing the impact you have demonstrated in continuous improvement and the pursuit of excellence.
For more information or to arrange a visit, please contact the School Business Manager, Jenny Robinson on 0116-2882724.
This post is designated as a regulated activity and requires enhanced criminal records check for a regulated activity (including a barred list check).
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that they are not a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.