GRADE: L5 - L9
HOURS: FULL TIME OR JOB SHARE WELCOME
TITLE Assistant Head teacher
Applications Close: 9am on Thursday 20th May 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 27th May 2021
Start Date: September 2020
At Parson Street Primary School, we are looking for an outstanding primary practitioner to join a small, energetic and enthusiastic Senior Management Team. Alongside one other assistant head and the headteacher you will drive our school’s development plan to bring our vision to life.
• Parson Street Primary has an important place in our community and is part of Trust in Learning Academies MAT, which has a schoolwide team that collaborates with and supports the leadership team fully. We are a rapidly improving school.
• We are committed to evidence-based and research -led approach to teaching and learning, supported by the MAT’s school improvement model
• Committed to the well-being and role satisfaction of our staff
Parson Street Primary is a happy, caring and exciting school in Bedminster, Bristol where every child matters and the pupils come first. The school is at the heart of the community. The well-behaved, inquisitive and hard-working children; the talented, professional and welcoming staff; the supportive governors; and the caring and positive parents and friends of the community make this school a special place.
We have high ambitions for our children. In line with our ethos of 'Live & Learn' and our core purpose ‘To create an empowered learning community where all are valued and lives flourish’, we offer a broad, balanced and inclusive curriculum which empowers our children from 3-11 years of age to achieve their full potential. In order to achieve this aim, we have embedded the following objectives into our school culture and curriculum.
• To develop the child as a responsible and confident citizen who is prepared to live in an ever-changing and diverse world.
• To develop the child as an individual who embraces challenge and makes the most of every opportunity to learn.
• To develop the child as a life-long learner who has a range of skills which ensure a high level of achievement.
You will have:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery.
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
• High standards of managing and leading on behaviour
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic attitude.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Experience leading on curriculum innovation.
• Experience as a designated safeguarding lead or commitment to undergoing training.
• Ability to deliver innovative teaching practice.
• Innovative use of technology to design enjoyment into lessons
• Sharp understanding of data and an ability to translate data outcomes into practical solutions at a pupil level.
The ability to converse at ease with pupils, parents and other users of the service and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Parson Street Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.