Assistant Head with Responsibility for Safeguarding and Pastoral Support
Maternity Cover – Fixed Term for 1 Year (until 31st December 2022 or earlier return of the current post holder)
This position is available as a secondment as well as a leadership development opportunity.
Start Date: 1st January 2022
Salary: L5 – L9
We are a popular and successful primary school with high expectations of all our children. We have exceptionally skilled and dedicated staff who work together to provide a fantastic education. We value our children’s academic success as well as nurturing emotional wellbeing and happiness. We have a lovely school community with supportive parents who enjoy getting involved with their children’s learning. We provide opportunities for high quality CPD, partnership work with other Bristol schools and value the professional development of all our staff.
We would like to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic leader to join our senior leadership team. The role will have specific responsibility for pastoral care, safeguarding and working with our families and community.
We are looking for a candidate with:
• A commitment to developing excellent relationships with our families and school community
• An understanding of how to develop and improve children’s emotional well-being and a track record of promoting positive behaviour effectively
• Experience of leading teams and school improvement successfully
• Experience of contributing effectively to creating a safeguarding culture within a school
We can offer:
• Excellent professional development and leadership opportunities
• Wonderful children and a fantastic community of parents and carers
• Hard working and supportive colleagues who enjoy teaching and working with our families
• Opportunities to work within our teaching school alliance
Visits to the school prior to application are encouraged. Please do also contact the school if you would like to discuss the position further.
Visits are available on:
Tuesday 21st September 4.00pm
Wednesday 22nd September 4.00pm
Closing date: 9.00am Thursday 30th September 2021
Shortlisting: Thursday 30th September 2021
Interviews: Friday 8th October 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS record check.
Whitehall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.