Teaching responsibilities: Predominantly out of class with some additional cover
Contract: Temporary – linked to maternity leave of named employee. This is a temporary role covering the maternity leave of a named member of staff in the first instance, but the Trust is continuing to grow so further opportunities are possible.
The Successful Candidate
Little Mead Primary Academy is looking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced senior leader who can support and lead on areas of the school team development plan with additional responsibility to act as Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and Inclusion Lead.
The successful candidate will need to be committed to promoting high standards of teaching and learning and the professional development of staff as well as having excellent communication and organisational skills. Experience of performance and line management of staff is a must. As well as knowledge of how to provide appropriately pitched continuous professional development to support staff to reach their full potential.
Training as a designated safeguarding lead would also be desirable.
The role is designed to predominately:
- Support the Headteacher in promoting and supporting the vison and values of Endeavour Academy Trust and Little Mead Primary Academy
- Work alongside other senior leaders in the effective implementation and monitoring of the school team development plan
- Take responsibility for data management and oversight of assessment across identified phases.
For this post you will need:
- Experience of performance managing staff and holding others to account
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- To lead whole school assemblies and gatherings as directed by the Headteacher
- Experience of leading staff training on INSET days and staff meetings
- Confidence in holding challenging meetings with parents, carers and staff
- Be able to lead by example and remain professional at all times
- Ability to contribute to the wider life of the school
Endeavour Academy Trust is an inclusive and collaborative group of schools in North Bristol. There are currently four Endeavour schools: Little Mead Primary Academy, Henbury Court Primary Academy, Fonthill Primary Academy and our newly-built primary school Charlton Wood Primary Academy.
This is an exciting time to work for Endeavour Academy Trust. We have committed to measured and sustainable growth, which will enable us to create a group of excellent schools with ambition for every child.
Our Offer to Staff
We invest heavily in the tailored professional development of our staff with opportunities to develop expertise and experience across the Trust. Our focus on collaboration means that everyone is part of a team. Within Endeavour, we develop our own teams. If you are ambitious and prepared to work hard we will support your career development and help you to be successful.
As proof of our commitment to staff retention and development, we offer enhanced terms and conditions of employment (compared to standard teacher/local authority entitlements), a friendly working environment with supportive leadership, and encourage our staff to maintain a positive work-life balance.
As a minimum, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
- Varied and challenging work with pupils, parents/carers and other professionals;
- A chance to make a real contribution to the effective working of the team;
- Supportive senior leaders across all the Endeavour schools;
- Professional development opportunities across the Trust;
- Paid induction and training suited to the role;
- Tailored career progression through a performance management cycle for all staffing groups;
- Free tea, coffee and milk;
- Confidential access to an Employee Assistance Programme;
- Free parking;
- Use of the Cycle Scheme;
- Paid completion of a DBS check;
- Flu vaccination vouchers;
- Free eye tests (where the employee is desk-based);
- Where eligible, automatic enrolment to the relevant pension scheme;
- Honouring of continuous service earned in the Local Authority;
Guidance for Applicants
Please note that CVs will not be considered.
Look carefully at the job description and person specification before applying for this role.
Ensure that you cross-reference the person specification throughout your application with examples of where you have fulfilled aspects of the job description and the impact it had
Ensure that you put details of referees. If you have concerns about the suitability of a referee, please contact the recruiter directly.
Visits are encouraged on the following days: Friday 21st January and Monday 24th January between 9:30am and 11:00am.
If you have any questions about this position or to arrange a visit, please contact the school office.
Application shortlisting: Tuesday 1st February 2022, interviews: Monday 7th February 2022
Start date: Ideally 01/03/2022 but consideration can be given to different dates for the right candidate
Little Mead Primary Academy is part of the Endeavour Academy Trust, which is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You can find our Child Protection Policy on the trust's website:
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.