Required from 30th April 2022
Leadership Scale Points: L3-7
South Wilford CE Primary School is a friendly, diverse church school seeking to appoint an inspirational leader to the post of Assistant Headteacher. We want to recruit people who are passionate about making a difference to children and want to challenge themselves to keep on improving. Our working relationships are positive, supportive and forward looking and we have high expectations of ourselves and the children in our care. We are excited to be making our current acting assistant headteacher role permanent to enable us to continue driving forward on our exciting journey of school improvement.
South Wilford is a welcoming, forward-thinking school where children and adults are encouraged to be at their best in all they do. We are a digital school where children have 1:1 iPads and use them to transform and enhance their learning through a global and ethical curriculum. We encourage individuality and place a lot of emphasis on enrichment opportunities. We have an exceptional outdoor environment including wildlife areas, forest schools, fitness equipment, playing fields and a farm.
South Wilford is a special place where we all live out the school’s Christian values and thrive together.
• Have the ability to identify and deliver outstanding teaching.
• Have senior leadership experience within a primary school.
• Be a collaborative and inspirational leader, with a strong ability to motivate and empower staff and children to achieve their full potential.
• Care passionately about children and their development whilst still driving forward pupil progress and achievement.
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
• Have the ability to lead on further improving teaching and learning and developing the wider curriculum, including a core subject.
• Be digitally aware and committed to improving learning through the use of I pads.
In return we offer:
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments that inspire and engage.
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office.
How to apply
Equality and diversity matters to us. If you think you’d be suited to one of our roles we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
Please complete the online application form which you will find on the Transform Trust website .Any questions or queries should be directed to Heather Stannard at South Wilford CE Primary School
Closing date for applications : Midday Wednesday 2nd February 2022
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are strategic partners in Inspiring Leaders, Flying High Teaching School Hub, East Midlands Maths Hub and with Derby Research School.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Applied, Transform’s unique and high regarded CPD service
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
All school roles are classed as regulated activity and as such, it is an offence to apply to for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children
Transform Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, Enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.