We are looking to appoint a dynamic, forward thinking, positive and proactive Assistant Headteacher to join our thriving multi-cultural values-based school. The Assistant Headteacher will lead whole school assessment and curriculum with responsibility for subject leadership, and will include two days teaching commitment.
Maybury Primary is a happy, vibrant, welcoming school, our motto is “Believe. Achieve. Succeed”. We have uncompromising aspirations for all of our children. We are committed to providing an education and environment that enables every child to believe in their ability to succeed and excel in all that they do. We are proud to be a respectful and inclusive school at the heart of our culturally diverse community, where every child is valued and enabled to achieve their highest potential in all areas of the curriculum.
Our OFSTED inspection in December 2018 found our school to be a ‘Good’ school, with ‘Outstanding’ Early Years provision.
We are proud to be part of Engage Enrich Excel Academies.
We are looking for a highly motivated, driven and dedicated Assistant Headteacher who:
- Is an excellent teacher and inspiring leader
- Has relevant leadership experience
- Has high expectations, and is passionate about education
- Has a strong understanding of assessment and curriculum development
- Will support the Headteacher in leading teaching and learning through curriculum development
- Has a proven track record of using data to bring about improvements in standards, with strong data analysing skills
- Will be positive and proactive, with a relentless drive to ensure a high-quality education for all
- Will work with the Senior Leadership Team and staff to deliver the school’s vision and mission and to implement the school development priorities
- Thrives on teamwork and is committed to developing and sharing their professional skills through coaching and mentoring
- Will undertake Deputy DSL responsibilities (training will be provided)
- Has a strong character and good sense of humour, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Has excellent communication skills, to develop relationships with all stakeholders across the school community
- Will work in collaboration with EEEA Schools supporting the vision and values, sharing expertise and supporting the EEEA trust.
We will offer our new Assistant Headteacher the opportunity to work in a school:
- That is a supportive professional team, who work together to improve the well-being and education of the pupils.
- That is focussed on staff workload and well-being
- With happy children with excellent behaviour, who enjoy attending school
- With supportive, committed Governors and CEO
- That has a passionate, supportive and experienced senior leadership team
- An enthusiastic, knowledgeable and dedicated staff team
- With excellent leadership and development opportunities both within the school and within the trust
- Three dedicated non-teaching days to work alongside the Headteacher
- That will offer an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your career development.
Location: Woking, Surrey GU21
Salary: L1 – L6
Expires: Midday, Monday 26th September 2022
Interviews: Wednesday 5th October 2022
Start date: January 2023
Contract type: Permanent, Full-time with a 2-day teaching commitment
Visits to the school to meet the staff and children are warmly welcomed and encouraged. The school is only 5-minute walk from the town centre and train station, we also have a staff car park. Please take a look at our school website which contains many photos of our school.
Maybury Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to enhanced DBS check. The school complies with the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009, by ensuring that staff are not disqualified from working with children.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert before the closing date on appointment of a suitable candidate. Please also submit the reference consent form with your application. Closing date: Monday 26th September 2022 at midday.
Maybury is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to Enhanced Disclosure Procedures.