We are looking to appoint a passionate, ambitious and motivated Assistant Headteacher, with the ability, to join our high performing and dynamic College Leadership team.
Leaders at The City of Leicester College challenge themselves and others to meet the highest standards possible; are professionally honest and compassionate; make decisions based on knowledge and lead in collaboration. They do this to ensure students have access to the highest quality education and develop the knowledge and character for life-long success.
Leaders are ambitious for all students. Recent changes to senior and middle leadership as well as a successful Ofsted visit, mean the college is poised to fulfil its potential. The senior team would be looking for someone who is similarly driven to see our fantastic students flourish as learners and as young people.
Our new Assistant Headteacher will be committed to improving our provision for students with complex behaviour needs. They will be focussed on working with individuals and developing effective systems to improve the behaviour and engagement of some of our most vulnerable students. They will share our deep sense of accountability to improve all aspects of our support, provision and outcomes for students.
It’s important we get the right Assistant Headteacher who shares our belief, that our diverse and amazing students deserve the very best! Therefore, the successful candidate will:
- Play a major part in embedding our shared vision and ethos across all areas of the College so that we are seen to be ambitious for all staff and students at TCOLC
- Be a highly successful teacher who meets the needs of all of their students through highly effective teaching and learning
- Be a TCOLC Character role model, embodying our four pillars: Intellectual, Moral, Community and Performance
- Ensure students are well supported to develop the behaviours that will enable them to flourish, even in the face of challenges
- Be passionate about working in an inclusive, multi-faith and multi-cultural community and understand the importance of engaging parents/carers and community leaders in the education of our students
- Will always act in the best interests of children through ensuring highly effective safeguarding procedures
- Be a team player, who relishes the opportunity to support colleagues and the day to day operational running of the college
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate an ability to learn.
The City of Leicester College:
The City of Leicester College sits at the heart of the East Leicester community and has many staff who attended here as students, including Senior and Middle leaders. We pride ourselves on our cultural diversity and inclusive attitudes and beliefs. Our thriving 11-19 college, with 1750+ students on roll, includes a highly successful sixth form of 350+. Whilst we are the largest school in the city we maintain a distinct community identity and prioritise the health and wellbeing of our staff and students alike.
For the successful candidate we can offer:
- Working in a challenging, rewarding inner-city multi-cultural, multi-faith community
- A supportive and purposeful induction programme, including access to bespoke CPD programmes to meet your needs and interests
- Above national recommended non-contact time to enable you to be an effective leader and teacher who has real impact
- A fantastic, well-resourced inspiring learning environment
- Committed, enthusiastic, creative staff and students
- A friendly and supportive working environment where people genuinely work as a team in order to deliver the highest standards for our students
- Access to excellent technology resources, including laptops for all staff
- Dedicated health and wellbeing forum and calendared HWB activities.
We actively encourage you to visit our vibrant school prior to your application. If you would like to come for a tour, please email the Head Teacher's PA Louise Modi.
Please attach a cover letter to your application, no longer than two sides of A4, highlighting your skills and experience relevant to this role.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
CLOSING DATE for applications for this post is Friday 3 December 2021 at 9:00am with interviews likely to take place w/c Monday 6 December 2021.