"Laugh often, dream big and reach for the stars!”
Executive Headteacher: Mrs J Sainsbury
Brookhill Leys Primary and Nursery School
(We are just round the corner from IKEA)
Assistant Headteacher ( Curriculum leader and English lead) for September 2020
Starting Grade: L4 (£44218) within the range L4 - L8
Number on Roll: 400, ages 3-11
60 staff and 1 Australian Labradoodle:
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Assistant Headteacher who will lead the curriculum and English across school. This will be a brand new role.
The experienced applicant will be an highly-skilled teacher and leader who will share their knowledge and drive for learning across school.
You will be joining an amazing team of staff and have the opportunity to shape our curriculum.
We are looking for an Assistant Headteacher who:
- Promotes reading throughout the curriculm
- Has a clear strategic vision for teaching and learning and high expectations
- Is ambitious for all children, with a strong work ethic, willing to go the’extra mile’
- Will motivate children, parents and the staff team
- Will take a key role in the curriculum and self-evaluation
- Is supportive of our child centred school ethos
- Is an outstanding teacher with recent experience of teaching in Year 6
- Has a proven track record of being a member of the senior management team and having a positive impact across school
- Capitalises on children’s interests in order to achieve learning outcomes
- Creates a language rich environment
- Demonstrates effective communication and consultation with parents and carers
We can offer you:
- Full induction
- Time to carry out leadership tasks
- A friendly and successful school team
- Amazing children and families
- Opportunities to collaborate with other schools
- A well resourced school, lots of space and great outdoors
- The best staff who are hardworking and aspirational for the children
- A senior position on the SLT
- Opportunities for further leadership qualifications
The successful candidate will be expected to make a significant contribution to the school.
We look forward to continuing our shopping trips and weekly visits to our local old people’s home, which is loved by our little ones and our senior friends alike.
We want our parents to be supported to be educational partners with us and be provided with support in phonics and Tapestry and communication and language.
All applicants must be happy to play a full part in the life of our school and actively support the Mission Statement.
‘Laugh Often, Dream Big, and Reach for the Stars’
Brookhill is a great school, based in Eastwood, Nottinghamshire, with good outcomes and high standards.
Eastwood in an ex- mining community between the two great cities of Nottingham and Derby, surrounded by rolling countryside. This is now a revived community with a large retail park and an increasing population accessing university education. There are good facilities locally and excellent road networks, right by the A610 and M1. East Midlands Airport is a 20 minute drive.
Our children benefit from specialist teachers in musical tuition, ballet, mandarin and sports.
We have a good family of primary schools around us and work closely together.
We are excited to be joining White Hills Park Academy Trust, in May, as their lead primary school.
This will mean many opportunities for our team, already benefitting from working with the staff in the other schools sharing expertise and good practice.
(The other schools within the Trust are Alderman White School, Bramcote School and Bramcote College)
If you believe you can nail jelly to a tree then this friendly successful staff team are waiting for you (You can if you put it in a bag first!)
Closing date for electronic applications is 27th March 2020 at 12.00 noon
Shortlisting 27th March 2020 March with interviews anticipated 31st March 2020.
Visits are encouraged. Please call or email to make an appointment using the address below.
Please email for an application pack. Thank you.
Brookhill Leys Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils. Any offer to successful candidates will be conditional upon an Enhanced DBS Check and References .
Mrs Jacquie Sainsbury
Brookhill Leys Primary School