Assistant Headteacher (EYFS):
Swindon Academy Primary: Beech Avenue
An Exciting Opportunity to join the First 0-19 Academy in the UK
Bordering on the beautiful Cotswolds and within commuting distance of Bristol and Bath
Are you looking for a new, exciting challenge?
Do you want to lead within a rapidly improving school?
We are looking for an Assistant Headteacher to join us and lead the EYFS Phase at Beech Avenue from September 2020.
Swindon Academy opened in September 2007 as the first 0-19 academy in the UK. We are focused on raising standards for children and young people to ensure that the school is the best it possibly can be for our community. We moved into spectacular new accommodation in December 2010.
The academy has over 1700 students on roll, with over 800 pupils in the primary phase at two schools, 900 in the secondary phase in years 7 – 11 and 120 in our sixth form. The EYFS provision at Beech Avenue includes two Reception Classes and three Nursery Rooms.
An overarching executive leadership team creates the vision, direction and strategy for the academy, and has representatives from the primary phase on its membership.
The school was inspected by Ofsted in May 2017 and judged to be a ‘good’ school. Inspectors noted that, “Pupils are well behaved and ready to learn. Leaders have very clear expectations of appropriate behaviour, which teachers manage effectively and consistently. “
We are looking for a Primary EYFS Assistant Headteacher who:
- is an outstanding EYFS practitioner
- is a dynamic leader with high expectations and a commitment to improvement
- can demonstrate excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to implement whole school change
- has clear vision, energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
- has a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our children
Swindon Academy can offer you:
- enthusiastic, friendly children who are eager to learn and a joy to be with
- hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff
- supportive leadership and a committed Governing Body
- a very happy and caring place to work
- the chance to work in strategic partnership with the primary headteacher and the leadership team.
- the unique opportunity to work with our Joint SLT including leaders from every phase of the academy
- a guaranteed CPD offer with real opportunities to develop as a leader
- a generous relocation package if you live more than 50 miles away from the academy and move to within 25 miles of the school.
As a key member of our leadership team you would be expected to take the lead in a key aspect of strategic school development and the raising of standards.
WHY CHOOSE US
We can offer you a school where we are proud to teach a knowledge-rich curriculum and you will receive excellent CPD to develop your subject pedagogy and classroom management. You will have access to collaboratively planned schemes of work and lesson resources. We guarantee disruption free learning in EVERY lesson. We have a highly supportive and hands-on SLT who take responsibility for creating a calm and respectful ethos.
We have a dedicated team of non-teaching pastoral and SEN staff work with SLT and teachers to support pupils and this enables us to have a 98% record of homework completion with centralised detentions for non-completion. We also have an amazing varied extra-curricular programme which helps our students grow and develop into rounded individuals.
Swindon Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
Swindon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.