The Governing Body of Lliswerry High School is seeking to appoint an outstanding Assistant Headteacher for September 2021. The person appointed will be an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team of our school and will therefore play a vital role in securing further strategic development and successes for our learners.
The successful candidate will be an inspirational and dynamic individual, who will help us to build on our successes and to overcome our challenges. Applicants must have recent experience as a successful middle leader and have a positive attitude to leading change and securing improvement. A 'can do' attitude is essential.
Key areas of responsibility of this post will include leading on learner wellbeing, engagement (behaviour for learning) and safeguarding. Further detail can be found in the job description.
It is also expected that the person appointed will:
• be a positive role model to colleagues and learners alike
• possess excellent leadership, management, communication and interpersonal skills
• have a proven track record of raising standards
• develop excellent working relationships with all stakeholders
• take a leading role in the day to day management of the school
• be a strategic thinker and effectively manage change
• be absolutely committed to the vision of our school
• have the ability to bring out the best in individuals and teams
• work calmly under pressure
• possess excellent analytical skills and show outstanding attention to detail
If you would like to discuss this post informally with the Headteacher or visit the school, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Lliswerry High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.