We are looking to appoint a warm and talented professional who can demonstrate a high level of motivation and commitment to Uffculme School.
The post has arisen following the retirement of the current SENDCo and we are using this time to redistribute the leadership of some of our support services for our young people to ensure a joined up provision, now and in the future. The new role will be at Assistant Headteacher level, recognising the responsibilities involved, and empowering the appointee to fulfil them as part of the wider Senior Leadership Team. These responsibilities are set out in the Job Specification but particularly include:
• Leadership and coordination of the school’s inclusion work, ensuring that appropriate provision is in place for all students in the vulnerable groups in school (inc those students with SEND, SEMH, medical conditions, and/or those who are LAC)
• Being the SENDCo for the school
• Being the designated member of SLT responsible for Looked After Children
• Leading the Learning Support department of HLTAs and TAs
• Being an active member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team with shared responsibility for the leadership, management and development of the school.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work alongside and learn from some highly skilled professionals who have been at the forefront of Uffculme’s success story over the past few years. However, we are also looking for someone who can bring some fresh ideas and innovation to the table and help us move forward in the next stage of our development.
Ideally you will be confident to challenge, willing to learn and able to take your place at the table with both conviction and humility
Visits to the school may be made on the afternoons of 4th and 7th May. To arrange a visit please get in touch with our HR Officer, Helena Shotton. For further information about the post, please contact Alan Blackburn, Headteacher at Uffculme School.
To apply, please complete an application form and attach a separate supporting letter of no more than two sides explaining your suitability for the post and your vision for the development of Inclusion and SEND at Uffculme School. Please refer to the Recruitment Pack for full details about this post.
Uffculme School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.