Assistant Head Teachers L5-9:
A rare opportunity to shape learning beyond the core curriculum in an ambitious and focused team
We are seeking to appoint 4 dynamic, highly skilled and motivated Assistant Headteachers with a passion for excellence.
Wykebeck Primary is an inclusive two-form entry primary school in Leeds. Our motto is ‘Learning Together for Life’ and we want all of our children to take pride in themselves, their families, their background and their heritage.
Wykebeck is a remarkable, rapidly improving school with deprivation levels that sit in the top 10% in the country. It has an internally run complex needs Resource Base and a Nurture Provision.We are situated in East Leeds and are fortunate to have grounds surrounded by woodland which is perfect for our extended curriculum. Our children make us proud they are resilient. respectful and courteous.
As Assistant Headteacher you will be a key member of Wykebeck's ambitious senior leadership team and have a role in further developing our school. You will have high expectations, a commitment to raising standards of achievement and up-to-date knowledge of effective teaching strategies, informed by research. You will participate fully in the life of our school, serving its children and community. You will demonstrate a passionate commitment to the 'Wykebeck Way.
This is a classroom based post but will involve some dedicated leadership time.
Wykebeck is committed to providing first-rate training and development to all of our leaders.
We are seeking 4 senior leaders who:
• Are passionate about developing and improving teaching and learning
• Believe in raising aspirations and realising the potential of all children.
• Are outstanding classroom practitioners with the ability to inspire and develop others to move teaching and learning forward through modelling high expectations.
• Can demonstrate leadership of a key area within School Improvement Plan
• Will be accountable for standards and progress in a teaching and learning phase
• Are responsible for ‘closing the gaps’ in learning and progress
• Are able to support curriculum change through an innovative and solution focused approach.
. Have a good understanding of the factors which impact onthe Mental Health and Wellbeing of pupils and staff.
• Are determined to develop partnerships with children, parents, governors, other schools and local community
Are able to demonstrate impactful leadership of one of the following;
- Complex needs and communication
- Early reading
- Inclusion and behaviour
- Whole school data and assessment with particular emphasis on statutory assessment.
Closing date is Friday 1st October 2021 12.00 pm
Shortlisting Friday 14th October pm
Interview date TBC
If you feel that you have the drive and enthusiasm and would like to contribute to the further progress of our school we would like to hear from you. Please call the school office if you require any further information.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) disclosure.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Wykebeck Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.