Following the promotion of the existing post holder, we are looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active Learning Mentor to work within a team of specialists who are passionate about improving the outcomes for children with challenging behaviour, social, emotional and mental health issues and other barriers to learning.
The permanent position will be 32.5 hours per week, term time plus 5 training days.
Salary will be paid at Grade 6 (FTE £19,173 – £19,554).
The successful candidate will be committed to providing a secure, happy and calm environment in which all children are able to thrive socially, emotionally and academically.
A successful candidate will:
• bring excellent behaviour management skills
• have a good sense of humour
• remain calm under pressure and have emotional resilience
• be creative and innovative
• be keen to develop skills and expertise
• be competent in the use of IT
We can offer:
• a nurturing environment with caring and supportive staff & governors
• excellent professional development and networking opportunities
• dedicated supervision & professional support
• an opportunity to be part of The Inclusion Team which is a strength of the school; receiving universal praise for the quality of their work from pupils, parents and OfSTED alike.
Application closing date: Monday 2nd September at 9am
Interviews are scheduled for Thursday 5th September.
We are committed to Safeguarding our children and staff and therefore Safer Recruitment procedures will be followed.
The post is subject to a successful enhanced DBS disclosure, proof of right to work in the UK and fitness to work, along with the receipt of two satisfactory references.
Christ Church and St Peter's C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.