Dawlish College is an 11-16 academy on the south coast of Devon. It is a vibrant and rewarding place to work where the students are a genuine pleasure to teach and colleagues soon become friends. We received a judgement of ‘good’ in all areas at our Ofsted inspection in March 2019 and our exam outcomes from 2019 placed us 10th in the Devon performance tables; we also secured another strong set of results this summer. We consider ourselves to be a central part of the wider community and believe that excellence can be achieved by working together.
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective school leader who will use evidence-based research to drive improvement and implement change. The role represents an extremely exciting opportunity for an exceptional and committed individual to develop their career by taking on key senior leadership responsibility. The successful applicant will make a significant contribution to the further development of the College and will play a major part in helping us to achieve our strategic intent of “Ambition Unlocked: Achieving excellence together”. The specific responsibilities of this role will be determined by the knowledge, skills and experience of the successful applicant – we are looking, first and foremost, for the right person. However, the role is likely to include leading on at least one or two (but definitely not all) of the following:
- Teaching and Learning
- Student Personal Development (including PSHE, RSE, Careers and extra- curricular)
- Staff Development and Training
- Appraisal and Performance Management
- an inspirational, dedicated and forward thinking classroom practitioner and leader?
- committed to securing excellence in teaching and learning and maximising student outcomes?
- able to lead and manage the work of others with vision, energy and sensitivity?
- able to contribute to the strategic development of the College to ensure the College continually aspires to the highest standards?
- have a proven ability to drive sustained improvements in a middle or senior leadership capacity
- have the communication skills, interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence to motivate and inspire staff, students and key stakeholders
- be totally committed to our aims of increasing opportunities, maximising outcomes and improving the life chances of our students
- ensure an inspiring learning environment which is engaging and fulfilling for all our young people
- have incredibly high expectations.
We welcome applications from those with middle management or senior leadership experience. If you relish the opportunities and challenges which this role presents, think you can make a difference to our College and like the idea of joining our successful, supportive and highly motivated team in the delivery of excellence through education, then we want to hear from you!
Details are available on the College website. Only applications submitted on the College’s online application form will be considered.
Tours are available on 24th September at 9.30a.m. Wednesday 30th September at 12noon and Friday 2nd October at 2.45p.m.
Closing date: 5th October 2020 at noon
Interview date: w/c 12th October