Salary L13 – L17
Required for September 2021
Imagine what’s possible…
Newton Abbot College is an 11-19 academy in the heart of South Devon. We make all our decisions in order to increase opportunities, maximise outcomes and improve the life chances of our students. In recent years we have improved our Progress 8 score, significantly improved our Progress 8 score for disadvantaged students and massively increased the size of our year 7 intake (from 120 in 2014 to 240 for the last three years).
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective school leader who will use evidence-based research to drive improvement and implement change. The role represents an extremely exciting opportunity for an exceptional and committed individual to develop their career by taking on key senior leadership responsibility. The successful applicant will make a significant contribution to the further development of the College and will play a major part in helping us to achieve our strategic intent of “Excellence: for all and in everything”.
The specific responsibilities of this role will be determined by the knowledge, skills and experience of the successful applicant – we are looking, first and foremost, for the right person. However, the role is likely to include leading on at least some of the following:
- Use of assessment and data to raise standards and outcomes
- Improving outcomes for disadvantaged students
- Reporting to Parents (reports, grades and parents’ evenings)
- Primary to Secondary transition
- an inspirational, dedicated and forward-thinking classroom practitioner and leader
- committed to securing excellence in teaching and learning and maximising student outcomes
- able to lead and manage the work of others with vision, energy and sensitivity
- able to contribute to the strategic development of the College to ensure the College continually aspires to the highest standards?
- have a proven ability to drive sustained improvements in a middle or senior leadership capacity
- have the communication skills, interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence to motivate and inspire staff, students and key stakeholders
- be totally committed to our aims of increasing opportunities, maximising outcomes and improving the life chances of our students
- ensure an inspiring learning environment which is engaging and fulfilling for all our young people
- have incredibly high expectations.
We welcome applications from those with middle management or senior leadership experience. If you relish the opportunities and challenges which this role presents, think you can make a difference to our College and like the idea of joining our successful, supportive and highly motivated team in the delivery of excellence through education, then we want to hear from you!
We, at Newton Abbot College (“Good” OFSTED April 2019) have exceptional expectations of our students and staff and we welcome applicants who share our commitment to place student learning at the centre of everything we do. Our induction programme is excellent and all staff are involved in an innovative CPD programme.
Sounds exciting? Then get in touch.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. If successful, you will undergo Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service and employment checks.
Only applications submitted on the College’s online application form will be considered.
Closing date: 10 May 2021; Interview date: w/c 17 May 2021
Newton Abbot College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful, you will undergo Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service and employment checks.