Ideally we are looking an Easter 2022 start however, consideration would be given to a later start date
Kenyngton Manor Primary School is seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly motivated Assistant Head, who has the commitment to bring out the best in all our children. We are looking to appoint a collaborative and innovative leader, with a clear compelling vision to enable each of our children to achieve levels commensurate with their abilities, as well as inspiring both the school and community. As The Howard Partnership Trust expands this role has now become available.
The new Assistant Head will have resilience and drive and a proven track record of delivering strong educational outcomes. Working together with the Principal, this is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring and experienced teacher ready to take the next step into Leadership. The successful candidate will receive first-rate leadership development, together with a sustained commitment from The Howard Partnership Trust (THPT) to professional career development, as well as regular coaching and mentoring.
At Kenyngton Manor Primary School we are proud to serve our community by bringing out the best in all of our children. We are an all-through nursery and primary school with 2 classes in each year group.
We have approximately 400 pupils aged 2-11, this includes the part-time pre-school and nursery provision. The nursery/pre-school provisions offers children and families a stimulating, well-resourced base in which to prepare for school readiness. We have excellent facilities, with well-equipped classrooms, a library, IT Suite, cookery room, a separate sports hall and a main school hall.
Our children also benefit from well-maintained outdoor play areas, including an all-weather sports pitch. Staff work in year group teams to collaboratively plan and deliver high quality lessons. Teaching assistants are highly skilled and play a critical role in supporting teachers and in securing excellent progress in pupils’ learning.
In addition to a competitive salary, the successful candidate will receive first-rate leadership development and a sustained commitment from THPT to their career.
We are looking for:
• Outstanding leadership and the vision to accelerate progress on our improvement journey
• Proven track record of school improvement at middle leader level within the Secondary Phase
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a range of stakeholders
• An innovative, collaborative leader, with the ability to inspire others
• A commitment to all pupils receiving an outstanding educational experience
• Thorough understanding of current educational developments
We can offer:
• Outstanding professional development
• Colleagues at all levels who are committed to excellence and bringing out the best in all our pupils
• Collaboration with successful, supportive and highly strategic senior leadership teams across The Howard Partnership Trust
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic developing organisation
• Enthusiastic and eager pupils, a welcoming environment and a school with enormous potential to rise to the continual challenges facing education providers
• An Academy Trust and Governing Body that provides strong support, effective challenge and strategic direction
THPT value their staff very highly, as reflected in the excellent retention rates across the Trust. THPT also operate an extensive Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty & Service Awards, access to discount schemes and membership of the Teacher Pension Scheme.
Closing Date: 15 November 2021
Day 1 Selection Process: Wednesday 24 November 2021
Day 2 Selection Process: Thursday 25 November 2021
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Vision is to excel at ‘bringing out the best’ in young people of all abilities and aptitudes, and so increase their life chances for their future success and fulfilment.
As part of our standard recruitment procedure, we would draw your attention to the fact that the school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).