Full time, permanent (3 days per week based at Merchants’ Academy Primary and 2 days per week at Venturers’ Academy) starting in April 2021.
LPS L6-L10 (£47,733 - £52,721 per annum) + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Principal who is highly ambitious for students, a strategic thinker who is committed to raising standards and has significant evidence of impact on students’ progress. This post will involve working across Merchants’ Academy Primary and Venturers’ Academy.
You will be joining a vibrant staff and work in an exceptional environment with brand new state of the art schools on a shared site. Leadership is fundamental to our professional learning programme. We value ambition in all staff and provide opportunities for growth and as a result many of our staff have gained further promotion and responsibility. This is an exciting time to join us and make your impact at senior leadership.
The roles and responsibilities of the Academy Leadership Team evolve and change.
Candidates for this post should be:
• inspiring and able to motivate and challenge students to make rapid progress.
• able to establish strong relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills.
• bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards.
• Effective at networking and building community and business links.
In addition, candidates should have the following leadership qualities:
• Strong leadership skills through which you are able to inspire and develop a team.
• Recent and relevant knowledge of different curriculum developments.
• An understanding of national developments within education.
• Possess drive and enthusiasm through which you can work as part of the senior leadership teams across both schools in developing the SEND and pastoral provision.
In return we can offer you:
• A genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed.
• Well-resourced classrooms, necessary IT equipment and structured administrative support.
• A fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best.
• To join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
Closing date: Thursday 4th February 2021 at 9.00. Interviews: 9th and 10th February 2021
Please note due to the expected volumes of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge or respond to all applicants.
Merchants' Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to
equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS
check is required for all staff.