Assistant Principal, Standards and Achievement
Location: Leicester, city centre.
Opportunity for an upcoming leader to join the Senior Leadership Team at Castle Mead Academy, as part of The Mead Educational Trust.
In August 2019, Castle Mead Academy, a non-selective secondary school, opened its doors and welcomed our first year 7 cohort. Since then, we have never looked back! By 2024, the eight-form entry school will be at capacity with a cohort of 1200 scholars. Building on the success of Rushey Mead Academy, Castle Mead will make available in the heart of Leicester a standard of education matching the very best schools in the country so that every scholar leaves us with high value academic qualifications and wider positive dispositions to enable them to lead fulfilling lives.
We are recruiting a team of like-minded leaders to help realise our vision and “Grow a Community of Excellence.” This is a rare opportunity, so as we challenge convention, lead without preconception and are unapologetically ambitious on behalf of our scholars.
This is a unique opportunity to lead in a school where:
• there is a premium on subject expertise with leaders given autonomy to shape their subjects;
• there is a cherishing of each subject discipline with no generic “one size fits all” approach;
• a knowledge rich curriculum in each subject gives our scholars access to the best which has been thought and said in every field of human endeavour;
• there is a pristinely calm orderly environment with rigorous routines so as teachers can teach and scholars can learn;
• there is an emphasis on staff professional growth, with integrated professional learning, deliberate practice and instruction coaching;
• we distribute leadership, consistently consider staff workload and want to just keep getting better;
• a servant leadership model empowers staff, so as teachers can teach and scholars can learn;
• we are due to move in to a new £30m building, on the picturesque riverside, for August 2021!
This is an opportunity for leaders who:
• are unapologetically ambitious on behalf of pupils;
• are seeking to lead in a school which carefully considers our organisation’s culture, and want to contribute to deliberately continuing to craft it one year group at a time in a well-planned and coherent way;
• want to grow as a leader in a growing school.
The successful candidate will grow alongside our other leaders as part of our excellent team and have the opportunity to develop curriculum and practice together year by year. The Principal, other colleagues and the wider TMET family of schools will support the team to develop, providing coaching and access to training through our Teaching School.
Please submit your application by 26th January 2021. For further information, a confidential discussion, to book a visit to Castle Mead Academy or any technical queries please contact Tom Hague, Principal, by email or telephone.
Closing Date: 26th January, 12 noon
Interviews: January 2021
Position Start Date: August 2021
Salary: Leadership scale L10 - L13 (£52,723 - £56,721)
Application Pack, Assistant Principal, Castle Mead Academy
Job Description and Person Specification, Assistant Principal, Castle Mead Academy
Teaching and Learning Policy, Castle Mead Academy
Castle Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.