Role: Assistant Principal: Teaching and Learning (full time)
Required: September 2019
Salary: Leadership Scale L11-15
PACA wishes to appoint an outstanding individual to take on the role of Assistant Principal with responsibility for teaching and learning. This is a great opportunity to join a popular and growing school as well as being a stepping-stone towards headship.
PACA is growing fast. After two years of increasingly strong results, PACA is now over-subscribed. Next year we will see an additional 160 students in the school, and with this comes new opportunities to grow and develop.
PACA is part of the Aldridge Education Multi-Academy Trust and as such, the successful candidate will develop teaching and learning at PACA in collaboration with colleagues from across the family of schools. This is an exciting time for Aldridge Education, with a new Chief Executive joining from Ark at the beginning of May.
The successful individual will be responsible driving improvement and consistency in teaching and learning across all departments of the school. A key theme for Aldridge Academies is Enterprise and Entrepreneurship. As such, one of the themes for teaching and learning is promoting independence and creating a climate of self-motivation.
We are looking for a creative leader who:
• Has credibility as an outstanding practitioner
• Has exceptional leadership and communication skills
• Has a track record of driving forward improvements
• Is committed to developing a positive, enthusiastic learning culture for all staff
• Is intuitive, personable with a good sense of humor and strong sense of moral purpose
• Has strong evidence of being prepared for this pivotal role as a major leader of improvement
• Can work closely with the Principal and Vice Principal in shaping and implementing the strategic direction of the school community.
We can offer:
• A growing school on a journey to outstanding, fully staffed, with a track record of results within the top three schools in Brighton and Hove
• A dynamic, comprehensive and happy school with a strong sense of community and exceptionally positive relationships
• A culture in which learning is valued by staff, students and parents/carers
• A school which places great value on the extended curriculum including STEM, Social Action, enterprise and entrepreneurship and enrichment
• High quality professional development that includes involvement in national networks and across the multi-academy trust
• An opportunity to shape the future for a whole generation of young people and beyond
Visits from prospective applicants are welcome and can be arranged by contacting Mrs S Cahill
Portslade Aldridge Community Academy is an 11-18 state funded Academy. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date for applications: 29th April 2019
Interviews week commencing: 6th May 2019
Portslade Aldridge Community Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.