An exciting new opportunity at Lyneham Primary School
for an Assistant School Business Manager
25 hours / week Monday to Friday (exact times can be negotiated)
Term time plus TD days
To start as soon as possible
As Lyneham Primary School continues to grow and develop, we have created a new Assistant Business School Manager post. The Assistant SBM will work under the direction of our highly experienced School Business Manager to contribute to the efficient management and strategic leadership of the school.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient day to day management of school Finance, Health and Safety and Premises, and contribute to the wider admin function and future development of the school. The Assistant SBM will also have plenty of opportunity to work alongside the Business Manager in order to develop their experience in the wider aspects of school business management.
This is a great opportunity for an aspiring School Business Manager who:
• Will make a positive contribution to our friendly and dynamic staff team
• Is highly motivated, hardworking, ambitious and ready to embrace a new challenge
• Wants to make a difference and is committed to achieving the very best for children
• Is inspirational and creative - a good problem solver who is motivated by making things happen and seeing results
• Has great interpersonal and communication skills and enjoys working as part of a team, but also able to work alone under their own initiative
• Is highly organised and meticulous, but flexible and able to adapt to a busy and dynamic school environment
• Has a positive attitude to change
In terms of experience, we are looking for:
• Relevant and recent experience in a school finance/ admin setting and competence in school management systems such as SIMs and FMS or equivalent experience in budget planning, financial management and budgetary control
• A School Business Management or equivalent qualification – or currently studying for or willing to undertake study for a professional qualification.
If this sounds interesting and you would like to know more then we warmly encourage you to visit the school and meet our team.
To arrange a visit or request an application pack please contact Kate McFarlane our School Business Manager.
CLOSING DATE: 18th December 2019
INTERVIEW DATE: Week beginning 6th January 2019
COMMENCEMENT DATE: As soon as possible
Application is by Wiltshire Council application form with a supporting letter of no more than two sides of A4 paper in 12 point font please.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Lyneham Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Lyneham Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check before an appointment is confirmed.