Southwold Primary School are looking to appoint an Assistant Site Manager with the range of skills required for the maintenance and cleanliness of our school building and grounds. We are looking for someone who is friendly, self-motivated, flexible and hard-working to join our team.
The post includes procurement of repair and refurbishment services, alongside ensuring all areas of health and safety and safeguarding remain at the heart of all duties.
If you feel this is the position for you and are confident that you have the following range of skills we would love to hear from you!
- Basic DIY/maintenance skills with an understanding of the workings of heating, plumbing and electrical systems
- Positive, cheerful outlook, excellent interpersonal skills and a great team player
- Daily supervision of the cleaning team
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to competently liaise with third parties including contractors to arrange quotes and oversee works
- Ability to maintain and update premises and site records as required
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
Working hours are 30 per week, 52 weeks per year, currently 12pm to 6pm.
It is important to understand that we are progression planning so the successful candidate must be prepared and able to step up to the Site Manager role in the near future. The hours will then 37 per week, 52 weeks per year and be on a split-shift basis to cover the opening and closing of the premises during term time.
The successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and we will require proof of identity and qualifications prior to the appointment being made, according to the Local Authority’s policy on safeguarding children and safer recruitment